Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
I’m hoping someone can help shed some light on my issue.
The engine starts, splutter’s then dies. If I remove the turbo actuator cable it starts and runs, even after plugging the cable back in.
No codes are showing up, courtesy of the AA.
A few weeks back I was losing power, so cleaned EGR, cleaned inlet manifold, found split in EGR hose & replaced. Jubilee clip to hose worn so not sealing, replaced. Then discovered clutch had gone. Clutch has since been replaced by local garage.
Since then it has been very smokey (black) at high revs and also just under 1500 RPM.
Since getting home have checked turbo vanes move freely, they do, checked wires in actuator, all attached and good. (Thanks to previous posts here for those ones).
Now totally baffled.
Until now, apart from the smoke, it seems to be driving fine just a bit thirstier than usual.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Sounds like the egr is knackered.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi, my first thoughts are that Black Smoke denotes unburnt fuel which could be an injector problem. Suggest a leak off test.
Clean the MAF sensor carefully with Brake cleaner spray but do not touch the wire with anything.

Roger

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
mine started spluttered and died got white and black smoke, i full blanked the egr, and its been working since. so im pretty confident that my EGR is knackered. try getting a full blank, it puts the EML on, but i just live with it. run the car for 4 months like that now with no issues.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
It was classic egr failure symptoms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.