2.7L 2008 XF Timing Belt Service

EngDave

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm looking at getting my timing belt changed on my 2008 2.7L XF. Is there anything else I should look at replacing at the same time and what would I expect to be charged (ballpark figure) for having the timing belt changed?

Is there any reliable garages within the north east of england anybody can recommend for carrying out this work?

Cheers!

jberks

Reaction score
They generally recommend getting the fuel pump belt done at the same time.

EngDave

Reaction score
Evening all, apologies to resurrect an old thread. So after a very busy year last year i've finally got some time this year when I can get the car into a local garage and get the cam belt changed. I've contacted a local indy not to far from me and they have quoted me £548 for the cam belt and to change the water pump.

On the 2.7 V6 diesel is the water pump typically done with the cam belt or does that run off a separate belt?

On previous cars owned it was typical to get the water pump done with the timing belt.

Thanks in advance!

jberks

Reaction score
When I asked my mechanic about doing the pump, he replied that it was run off the serpentine belt, not the timing belt, and hence it wasn't necessary to change it with the cam belt.
IL4's generally run the pump off the cam belt, V6's usually don't.

philayl1

Reaction score
Hi, I had the same conversation with my mechanic about the water pump, he said why throw away a perfectly serviceable pump when it can be replaced quite easily when it does go, I have a genuine Jaguar pump I bought from a dealer down South a few years ago that was closing down, it cost me a whole £10 including postage

Ianboom

Reaction score
Some of the early oil pumps can snap where the cam belt idler is bolted to it.

I know this can be an issue on Land Rovers, not sure if it's the same on Jags.

Old
1642085933867.png
New 1642085961927.png