Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
I would suspect the wiring rather than the CD player. Do you have the "premium" or "standard" audio system as the wiring is very different depending on which one. The "premium" system has little tweeters on the inside of the doors where the rear-view mirrors are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replaced the speakers and the amp radio works fine bought a cd changer off eBay when the audio guy plugged it in from the amp it never turned on and blew the fuse I’m wondering if I should try and get it fixed or just return it and buy a new one didn’t want to spend 700

G

·
Bob.

Can you just take us through what has been done - I suspect a wiring issue following whatever the "audio guy" did to your car.
Why was the amplifier replaced - was there one there before ? If so - was it faulty ?
What speakers have ben replaced ?
Are you 100% sure the CD changer is the correct part for your particular car ?
Was there already a CD changer that didn't work ?

Bit more information please.

Edit - Do you have Sat-Nav as that also makes a difference to the wiring ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced the front door speakers the rear seat speakers and the subwoofer both the amp and the cd changer. I ordered a used OEM amp and cd changer that is located in the truck the amp worked the first cd changer I got when he installed it would not read the cd he said something was wrong with the optics so I returned it sent me another one out and this one never turned on when he plugged it in from the amp and blew the fuse. So I’m wondering if I should take this one and see if it can be fixed then work something out with the guy I bought it from or just send it back and buy a new one for 700 hundred

G

·
Bob.

Why did you replace the amplifier ?

Not trying to be a smarta**e but are you trying to upgrade from a standard system to a premium system. Amplifiers very seldom go wrong, so can't understand why yours was replaced.

Both standard and premium systems have a CD changer in the boot / trunk, so are you sure the one that was originally fitted didn't work ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.