Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching a great deal to discover why my 2002 x-type brake lights are not working, but may have an idea...

First off, everything worked fine before I...

Replaced the steering wheel with an aftermarket one. This aftermarket one is not a direct replacement and I have lost the nice audio controls and cruise control that were on the factory wheel. Once the installation of the wheel was finished I noticed that the brake lights did not work anymore. The taillights still come on when the head lamps are turned on.

I have checked the fuses to ensure the fuse is not blown. I feel like the brake light circuit is somehow in the loop of the wires that used to travel through the connection in the steering wheel. Currently there is a 7 or 8 pin connection inside of the wheel that is no longer connected to anything. Does anyone have a pinout for the connections inside of the steering wheel or any other advice?

I was kinda hoping that I could connect a couple pins together to make the 'ol girl think the cruise control wheel controls are still installed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have the actual pinout handy, but the brake switch output does go into the wheel to disable the cruise when the brake switch is depressed, then back down to the pedal and out.

I believe it is actually in the earthing side of the circuit, and I'm virtually certain that it can be easily bypassed at the actual brake switch on the pedal arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.