2003 Mercedes S600 L, 5.5 V12, Biturbo

restorer

Reaction score

For sale is my S600 Limousine LWB.

This is a hugely comfortable car that, having the V12 BiTurbo, producing 520bhp it has the capability of extremely high performance. It can be devastatingly fast yet can trickle along at 30mph (1100/1200rpm) silently and with no drama. It's ride and roadholding are exemplary.There were not many of these cars ever produced, and not that many are left, particularly of low mileage and excellent condition like this one.

It is the best car that I have owned but it is for sale as I have enjoyed it for a couple of year (Covid travel restrictions notwithstanding!) and I am no longer young and there are a good few other cars I would like to experience owning yet; Jaguar Super V8 next I'm hoping.

Whoever buys this will get an excellent car that is a pleasure to drive, is the finest limousine south of a Rolls Royce, yet is also one of the very quickest cars on the road, all for the price of a Fiesta.

This is a hugely impressive car. Comfortable, quiet, relaxed, yet with a twin turbo 5.5 litre V12 producing 520bhp it is effortless, cruises silently and is also very, very fast when need be. It’s an absolute peach of an engine. It is Mercedes' super saloon. At over £100K when new very few were built. It is a rare car now and examples with such low mileage are virtually non-existent.

It has had two previous owners before myself but I understand from Tim Hayward Car Sales, from whom I bought it, that is was bought new as a car for the CEO of a company and was then later bought from the company by the CEO himself. That would be the two previous owners.

There is a full, stamped service history.

I have owned it since January 2019. I have covered 9000 miles since then. I have returned 19mpg in local running and regularly 25/28mpg on motorway journeys. It cruises silently between 1000 and 2000rpm.

During my ownership I had a quality detachable towbar fitted, which I have used once to tow a caravan. The old girl didn’t even notice it and returned 15mpg.I have the original OEM chassis cross member that the towbar assembly replaced if the next owner wanted to remove the towbar although, being detatchable, it isn’t visible when not in use.

I have bought and fitted an MB3000 Viseeo bluetooth streaming unit for handsfree phone calling, which will come with the car.

Under warranty I have had the secondary air blower replaced, the boot lock replaced and the power steering pumpreplaced (although it turned out to be a split pipe).

I have also had SRS control unit replaced, an ignition unit replaced, suspension front valve block replaced, all with genuine MB parts.

In December I had the suspension geometry adjusted and the camber all round adjusted.

Other maintenance includes a transmission oil service.

New main battery recently

There is a folder of receipts for all work done during my ownership, totalling £7113.25. Plus consumables. Two new front tyres 100 miles ago. It’s been looked after.

As the top of the range model it has everything on it. Heated and cooled seats front and back. Quad zone climate control. Electrically adjusted memory seats front and back. Green tinted thermally insulated glass all round. Keyless entry and start/stop. Comand infotainment. CD + 6 CD changer. Navigation. Radar cruise control. Auto lights. Auto wipers. Auto climate. Rear electric blind. Sunroof. Raise suspension button (useful, although it’s not a particularly low car).Electronically controlled adjustable pneumatic suspension. Electronically controlled gearbox settings. See below for build sheet.

There is no rust. Faults I know of are the interior boot release button isn’t working, although it lights up. Rear offside door lock is lazy (slow to unlock). The cruise control occasionally knock itself off but a reset via the control lever resumes auto progress. A few stone chips to the front. Tiny mark of driver’s seat squab. Head lining above the driver is a bit ‘bobbly’ - chauffeur’s hat? Other than that all good.

Current MOT until January 2022.

This is a highly specced car:

Quad zone climate control

Air Con

Gearbox Comfort/Sport

Air Suspension with raising button

Two stage adjustable suspension settings

Front and rear parking sensors

Electric windows front and rear

Electric tilt and slide sunroof

Electric and heated wing mirrors

Auto anti glare/dipping wing and interior mirrors

Heated and cooled front and rear seats

Electric front seats inc lumbar and bolsters

Electric rear seats

Auto Headlights

Auto Wipers

Electric rear blind

Headlight washers

Ambient lighting

Comand Harman Kardon:
CD
6 CD Multichanger
DVD
TV
Map
Sat Nav

Phone

Wired for bluetooth mobile phone (Viseeo MB3000 included)

Heated/Cooled storage box

Central locking

Cruise control and speed limiter function

Sat Nav DVD

This is a hugely comfortable car that, having the V12 BiTurbo, has the capability of extremely high performance. It can be devastatingly fast yet can trickle along at 30mph (1100/1200rpm) silently and with no drama. It's ride and roadholding are exemplary.There were not many of these cars ever produced, and not that many are left, particularly of low mileage and excellent condition like this one.

Whoever buys this will get an excellent car that is a pleasure to drive, is the finest limousine south of a Rolls Royce, yet is also one of the very quickest cars on the road, all for the price of a Fiesta.

Difficult car to value, with their scarcity. Looking at what's out there, taking the FSH, very low mileage and excellent condition I suggest that £11,500 is probably/possibly right. I want to offer it to fellow Forum members first at £9999. Selling this is the last step to buying a supercharged XJ X350

Any inspection welcome. Only I drive on any road test unless you produce fully comp insurance dedicated to this vehicle.
Car released on sale only after I receive full cleared payment into my bank account.

Payment by BACS, cheque, bankers transfer or cash.

Photos:-