2007 Jaguar XK Centre Console Jammed

Jeddy

Reaction score
Centre console slides back to reveal cupholders but won't open to reveal storage. Just need an idea of where the latches are located and how they are configured.

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Just to be sure. When you lift the catch to slide the cover back, if you hold the latch up you should just lift the cover.

Jeddy

Reaction score
All the catch lever does is allow the cover to move aft. The latches holding the cover closed do not release at all no matter how much pressure or side to side motion is applied.

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
All the catch lever does is allow the cover to move aft. The latches holding the cover closed do not release at all no matter how much pressure or side to side motion is applied.
Your information is incorrect. The catch has 2 functions, 1, to allow the cover to slide back and 2, to allow the cover to open.
There are no other catches.

Jeddy

Reaction score
From what I've been reading here and elsewhere while there us only the one catch it controls 3 latches in the cover. One in front releases it to slide back while there are two on the sides allowing it to be lifted open. What I'm trying to determine is if those side latches can be pushed inwards or outwards to lift up the cover

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
The side latches are about half way along the cover and need to be pressed inwards.

They latch into the sides of the box. Here you can see one of the holes.

Hope this helps.

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
You’re welcome, hope you get it sorted. (y)