Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife spilt a cup of tea down into the console shift lever slot and about a half mile later the gearbox fault light came on. She pulled over and stopped to turn around and come home. She says it was slow taking off but seemed to drive OK. She drove about two miles to get home. When she told me later what happened I started it up and noticed the gearbox fault light was on and also the engine light on the dash was lit. Any suggestions on what I should do now? I'm hoping she just shorted out a sensor inside the console that can be replaced.

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
Take it apart to gain access to the connectors and thoroughly clean all electrical connections with a relevant cleaner. You may need a code reader to reset any codes, then try again after reassembly.

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Wd40 is a good dispertant of water.Pull the plugs give them a good spray.

Years ago I had a Vectra, the Ex wife put a Mcdonalds drink in the cup holder, which in turn fell over going round a bend and went all over the window switches, they were going up and down and all sorts on their own. Quick spray with Wd and they were sorted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.