Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm new here. I bought my first Jaguar, a 2008 XF a few months ago, and I really enjoy it. However I noticed something weird since the weather got colder and thus the climate control had to do a bit of heating the cabin, instead of cooling it: when it is set to AUTO mode, and the set temperature is higher than the cabin temperature (so basically when the cabin needs to be heated) the face vents don't blow air, I think it only blows from the footwell. It's not like the face vents blow cold air, or anything, they don't blow air at all! When I set it manually to face (or face + anything) the face vents start to work. But why don't they blow there in AUTO mode? Even if I set the temperature to "Hi", face vents won't blow in AUTO mode. Is this normal? Some kind of characteristics of AUTO mode? Or is it a fault? (My previous car (Audi A8 never did anything similar.) Also, air conditioning (cooling) works perfectly, and blows air from face vents in auto.

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Tom

· Registered
2,042 Posts
That is normal in auto , heat out the bottom only as it rises , small amount going to the screen too.
Cooling air out of the face vents only , to cool you quickly and cool air drops downwards.
You may like hot air on your face , just as my missus likes cold air on her feet ........
Auto and manual caters for all of our needs :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eddie,

thanks for your fast reply. I'm sooo RELIEVED.
Yes I got used to the hot air on my face in my last car, although this method seems more logical. I mean... considering the basic laws of physics, that makes sense indeed. :)
Thanks again.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Hi Eddie,

thanks for your fast reply. I'm sooo RELIEVED.
Yes I got used to the hot air on my face in my last car, although this method seems more logical. I mean... considering the basic laws of physics, that makes sense indeed. :)
Thanks again.
You're welcome.
Hot weather is a battle as my missus doesn't like the air blowing in her eyes , so she closes the vents her side.
I then have to open the vents again when she's out - OCD and all that malarkey !!!
I tend to have a cool car with the heated seat on , very nice for my bad back all year round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.