Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build list shows 2009 VIN and 2009 Model Year Parts

Is this usual?

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If it was built after September then yes it is possible. Mine was built in October 2005, ist registered 20/12/05 and has the 2006 vin and model year.

Roger

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V5 has first registered UK April 2008

Jaguar got nothing with the registration but did with VIN

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked

Failed 2014 and 2017 for registration plate lamp, then passed each on following day.

Noticed it was not working and the wiring had broken so it must be the same vehicle.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
On the first page of the MOT it shows date of first registration, does that match your V5. That's what I meant.

Roger

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same as V5

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
The model year reflects the general specification of the car and is only loosely connected with the build date. A manufacturer will almost always add a little kit as standard and call it an update with a new model year designation. This almost always happens sometime in the year preceding the actual MY label.

Bigger updates will also fall into this pattern. Take the X150 which had a facelift in 2011 and added the XKR-S. The first cars were delivered in early 2011 but they are known as MY2012 cars. Some MY2011 cars were built right through 2011 (mine has a build date of 12/2011 but is a pre-facelift) and maybe into 2012. My S-Type is a MY2001 car, with the ZF steering rack, which started production in late summer 2000. There is no hard and fast rule how manufacturers use the MY designations. However, a change of year in the VIN does reflect which basic spec the car was built to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.