Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2009 XF and it has an intermittent unlocking issue on near side rear door.
Read somewhere that it can be reset using the key access in conjunction with the keyfob is in the manual apparently but unable to find it
Can anyone help please ?
TIA

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hi, can't say I've heard of that fix, never seen it documented anywhere. My n/s/r door has been dead for a month now, I'm still trying to work up the energy to replace the lock, good luck with yours. Phil

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Recently bought a 2009 XF and it has an intermittent unlocking issue on near side rear door.
Read somewhere that it can be reset using the key access in conjunction with the keyfob is in the manual apparently but unable to find it
Can anyone help please ?
TIA
you can usually find lots of stuff on Youtube about various resets and other annoying problems.

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's a known fault that the electric motors in the lock fail causing intermittent locking /unlocking issues. Until you can get the motors or lock assemblies changed you may have to try locking multiple times to get all doors locked .
Complete lock assemblies are not that expensive on line . Fitting is not difficult if you are handy with the spanners . Plenty of " how to" vids on YouTube.
The re-setting referred to is the resetting of window one touch closing and elec hand brake if battery is disconnected. Having said that have changed three of my door locks without disconnecting battery .

Reactions: Austin160

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a known fault that the electric motors in the lock fail causing intermittent locking /unlocking issues. Until you can get the motors or lock assemblies changed you may have to try locking multiple times to get all doors locked .
Complete lock assemblies are not that expensive on line . Fitting is not difficult if you are handy with the spanners . Plenty of " how to" vids on YouTube.
The re-setting referred to is the resetting of window one touch closing and elec hand brake if battery is disconnected. Having said that have changed three of my door locks without disconnecting battery .
Thanks for letting me know it’s appreciated

·
Registered
882 Posts
If the car is locked I can open the door if it’s the first one I open but not afterwards ?? So it would seem that it’s out of sync with the other doors ?
The doors should all work together and only reason for not working is a weak motor in the lock. The other possible cause is the control module in the drivers door but unlikely.
If you relock and unlock a couple of times using the key fob it should get the lock to work but eventually will fail altogether. Motors are available separately and now cost around £15 a pair . Complete locks cost around £30 to £40 depending on which door.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ah simple things often over looked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts