Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I want to upgrade the interior lights inside my dad's car to LED for his birthday, as he frequently comments how nice and bright the lighting is inside my car.

I have a FF Range Rover and when I changed all my lights to LED, it was an eye watering 27 lights/bulbs.

Searching the forums and videos online, there seems to be conflicting views (I assume where Jaguar updated the model over time) on which lights and where. For my dad, I plan on doing the interior lights only excluding vanity mirrors.

His car is a UK version 2010 XF 3.0 D Portfolio S.

This is what I have deduced so far:

Overhead lamps front x3 W5W
Overhead lamps rear x2 W5W
Front footwell lamps x2 W5W
Rear footwell lamps (are there any?)
Glove box x1 W5W
Boot x1 40-42mm festoon (are there 1 or 2 lamps on a 2010?) (Is it actually a festoon or a W5W?)
Door puddle lamps (are there any?)

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
XJ X351 Portfolio
474 Posts
These are lights that I use. The bottom two are the W5W LED bulbs. The top one is for the mirror lights in the sun shades. Can't remember its number.
Automotive lighting Fluid Font Wood Gas

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Maybe the handbook will tell you. I think you can download them.
My S type has 2 lights in the boot. One in the lid, the other on the left. Not sure if this carried over to the XF.

Surely someone with an early portfolio can jump in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only been able to find odd pages of the manual online. It gives the bulb specifications I have above but not how many and where. That's why I posted a topic so an XF owner can confirm.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I don't know if this helps, it is from the 2012 model handbook. I cannot find any info on the boot lights.
Font Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Parallel

·
Registered
632 Posts
No plate bulbs and puddle lights can be replaced with a complete unit that replaces the holders. No plate holders get very hot and melt - replacements seem cooler and much brighter. Puddle lights are also brighter with better illumination as LEDs in the original holder seemed to split light into colours and looked "spotty" especially on light coloured paint.
I replaced bulbs for LEDs on other cars and any lights that are on for a long period such as no plates, failed really quickly. Maybe the crappy bulbs I bought?
Boot bulb is festoon type and replaced with same size LED - I think 32mm but easy to measure the existing bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts