2011 XF phone not found

thistle4celtic1

Reaction score
As far as I know, no trim level ever had Jaguar Voice as standard, it's an optional extra (read, money maker from those willing to pay).
In the 2010 brochure I have it's not even mentioned.. but then neither is thistle4celtic1's 4.2L V8... 🤷‍♂️
You got me wondering, so I looked at the build sheet jagcrc@jaguarlandrover sent me. I noticed a (bolded) few items that I definitely don't have. I think the 625 n/m of torque is only the 5.0L supercharged engine, so I'm not sure how accurate the list is but it does state VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS (likely as an upgrade).

This 2010 brochure shows a 4.2L V8 on page 30. I think it's the base model I have, but not positive.

· 8.5 X 19 CARELIA ALLOY WHEEL
· AUDIO 6 DISC PLAYER
· AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
· BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY
· CANVAS HEADLINER
· CASTLE BROMWICH
· CCR CENTRE CONSOLE
· CCR FRONT DAMPER
· CONVENTIONAL REAR SEAT
· CRUISE CONTROL
· DRIVER HEATED SEAT-VARIAB TEMP
· ENGINE TORQUE-625 NEWTON METRE
· FILTER COWL INTAKE-POLLEN/ODOR
· FLOOR MATS-CARPET
· GARAGE DOOR OPENER (NAS)
· HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
· HEADLINING - MORZINE
· HEATED STEERING WHEEL
· HIGH PERFORMANCE AUDIO SYSTEM
· HTD/A-DIM/MEM/APP.LIGHT
· I/P FAC CNTRST-TRFFLE/CHMPAGNE
· INT CHAMPAGNE CARPET-JAGUAR
· IP-AMBLA
· JAGUAR SEAT BELT-CHAMPAGNE
· KEYLESS ENTRY
· LEATHER CONSOLE MATERIAL
· MARKETING LEVEL 1
· NAS LITERATURE PACK
· NAVIGATION CENTER
· NAVIGATION DISK - U.S.A.
· POWER 10-WAY DRIV SEAT ADJUST
· POWER 10-WAY PASS SEAT ADJUST
· PROGRAMMABLE DRIVER SEAT
· PWR TILT/SLIDE SUN ROOF
· REVERSE PARKING AID
· SATELLITE DIGITAL BROADCAST
· SPARE WHL-REDUCED SECTN ALLOY
· STANDARD SUSPENSION
· STNG WHL-LEATHER WRAPPED
· STRG COL-TILT/TELESCOP-MEMORY
· THEATER LIGHTING
· TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTM
· USA
· USB 2 CONNECTION

· VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS

PetA

Reaction score
Interestingly, I can't see Jaguar Voice in either manual.. I then noticed that the brochure you linked to is a US version, this is the UK version I have: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahgx6zfrs200by8/2010-XF-Brochure.pdf?dl=

The info that comes from CRC comes from TOPIX, and that isn't known for being accurate.. :D

My suspicion is that Jaguar actually have 'stuff' in development in some models for evaluation before they/it are then released in later models.. for instance, my car has 'Queue Assist' enabled even though it was never an option on the X250 facelift, though it is an option on the X260...

Also.. If you look at the original concept XF car, it looks far more like the 'facelift' than the first released car..

PetA

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chris, does therefore 'Comms' do all of the 'Voice' stuff except phone handling on a pre-facelift then?

Reaction score
Its such a small technology that would cost Jag pennies to put into a luxury car to improve sales. My 2007 Honda civic had voice, was standard on all executive models.

chris9369

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chris, does therefore 'Comms' do all of the 'Voice' stuff except phone handling on a pre-facelift then?
Yes, as far as I can remember, it is more than five years since I parted with my pre-facelift XF but all the information is in the handbook.
Its such a small technology that would cost Jag pennies to put into a luxury car to improve sales. My 2007 Honda civic had voice, was standard on all executive models.
It is not the only example. Another that springs to mind is the folding rear seats on the saloon. It was an expensive option for factory fit yet genuine Jaguar conversion kits were sold by dealers for a fraction of the price.

As for comparing different makes, look at Kia, many items that were extras on my XF Portfolio facelift were fitted as standard to the most basic Kia.
Going back in time, Toyota made there name in this country by having everything fitted as standard compared to BMW where even a radio was extra.

Reaction score
Yes, as far as I can remember, it is more than five years since I parted with my pre-facelift XF but all the information is in the handbook.

It is not the only example. Another that springs to mind is the folding rear seats on the saloon. It was an expensive option for factory fit yet genuine Jaguar conversion kits were sold by dealers for a fraction of the price.

As for comparing different makes, look at Kia, many items that were extras on my XF Portfolio facelift were fitted as standard to the most basic Kia.
Going back in time, Toyota made there name in this country by having everything fitted as standard compared to BMW where even a radio was extra.
I know.... i can feel the pain, the good thing is that the 1st and 2nd generation xf are fibre optics so easy to upgrade. I hate aftermarket systems (IMO) they don't just fit the originality of the car (form follows function) We know what the stealers want so we upgrade the system using feelbay etc and leave them to their devices.