2013 XF Sportbrake.

swallow

Reaction score
Hi.Not happy at all.Having first been told that the tailgate opening button was available on its own.I have now been informed that I have to buy the complete chrome trim and number plate lights for £280+VAT.This is an outrageous charge,and a complete ripoff as the switch just clips in the trim.The car is a great car but this is the last Jaguar i will be buying.Jaguar cars are just robbing their customers blind.

idrobbo

Reaction score
Try a breakers (if you haven’t already).

Jaguar obviously as a brand wish to see their valued customers clambering around in such places to keep their “executive saloons” in a reasonable condition.

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi.Not happy at all.Having first been told that the tailgate opening button was available on its own.I have now been informed that I have to buy the complete chrome trim and number plate lights for £280+VAT.This is an outrageous charge,and a complete ripoff as the switch just clips in the trim.The car is a great car but this is the last Jaguar i will be buying.Jaguar cars are just robbing their customers blind.
I doubt you'll find any difference if you speak to MB, BMW ......

Fraser

Reaction score
I am in the MB OC for the UK, having bought an SLK last year, and the magazine and also the MB forums are full of tales about dealers and MB attitude to parts, service, etc. In your case it is probably because the trim and lights assembly comes from a supplier fully assembled, and Jaguar just pass it on as a spare part, they doing no assembly themselves and just bolt it onto the car on the assembly line.

CRC@Jaguar

Reaction score

Good morning Swallow,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that you are unsatisfied with cost of the parts for your vehicle. Can you please confirm that you have visited one of our approved Jaguar retailers?

Should you wish for me to investigate further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK