2015 XE S - Jaguar Apps

Ducky

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently purchased an approved used 2015 XE S & am completely blown away by it :mrgreen:. It has surpassed all my expectations by a massive margin in every aspect, except for the Jaguar InControl apps.

I had a quick read about InControl apps before I purchased the car & was definitely drawn to the fact that I could mirror some apps from my phone on to the screen in the car. Back then I wrongly assumed that Waze, Google maps & at least Spotify would be included in the list of compatible apps, but have now found out that they are not. In fact, the list of compatible apps seems wholly inadequate :sad:.

Does anyone know if there are any workarounds wherein I can mirror the 3 apps mentioned above from my phone screen to the car screen? I'm an Android user. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ducky

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I’m afraid there’s no hope for that anymore as the touch pro has Apple CarPlay/Android auto and the touch not having the hardware capable of powering the same features. The Incontrol apps are slowly being withdrawn, best way is to either bluetooth audio for Spotify and get a phone mount to use Waze or you can get an aftermarket android add on box which feeds into the main screen for about £500, this then adds on Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.

Ducky

Reaction score
Thanks Ian. You mentioned that InControl apps are being withdrawn, but is there going to be a replacement that will be compatible with car models like mine?

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Thanks Ian. You mentioned that InControl apps are being withdrawn, but is there going to be a replacement that will be compatible with car models like mine?

Ah I meant the apps inside, there were a few more on release in 2015, but overtime they’ve slowly been dropped. A notable one was Spotify and recently was Shell which had a big thing made about it but has now gone too.

Ducky

Reaction score
Thanks Ian. No hope then I guess :(. I'll shop around for a phone cradle.