Jaguar Forum banner

2018 Jaguar XE R-Sport and folding mirrors

14K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  RWD3M 
#1 ·
My Dad picked up his new Jag at the end of last month and he loves it. Unfortunately, the event was tainted by discovering upon collection that the car did not have a couple of features that he was expecting. Any how, I'm not here to point the finger but wanted to double check something with regards electric folding wing mirrors (the car doesn't appear to have them). Had a quick look in the forum and someone wrote that all the wing mirrors are the same, it's just whether the car has been programmed to be able to electrically fold them or not. Can anyone tell me whether this is the case and whether I can go to a Jaguar dealer, get them to re-program the car so that the mirrors will electrically fold? If so, I would have one very pleased Dad. Cheers.

#2 ·
Our moderator IanD will be able to tell you more but in the meantime have a look in the vehicle’s settings via the touchscreen, it may just be turned off.

#4 ·
On Jaguar's UK web site, the most basic arrangement appears to be: "Exterior Mirrors in Body Colour, Electrically Adjustable, Heated, with Clear Side Turn Indicators"

Power fold seems to be an option on some cars, at least.

#5 ·
There are differences with the mirrors, the power fold version has auto dimming function to match the rear view mirror. Jaguar will never allow you to just approach them and retrofit an item that wasn't specified by the original owner at time of build/purchase.

You'll notice an XE that has power fold option, just look at the driver's side switch pack and you'll see a small white door mirror symbol with arrows pointing to the two mirror buttons. If that isn't visible, then there is no power fold.

It's a £295 option on the spec list.

#7 ·
New mirrors, door modules and programming by someone with access to SDD or if 18MY or newer they’ll need to have the more expensive pathfinder equipment. Also would need double checking if the wiring is in place in the doors.

#8 ·
New mirrors, door modules and programming by someone with access to SDD or if 18MY or newer they'll need to have the more expensive pathfinder equipment. Also would need double checking if the wiring is in place in the doors.
Hi Do you know if this would be the same for a 2016 XF R-Sport

#9 · (Edited)
Now I'm going to be cheeky. Buy a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and all these sort of extras are included!!!!!!
That's why I keep saying basic and some not so basic Jaguars are over priced for the specifications and equipment they have fitted.
Sorry, but jaguar have to start looking at what the general competition are offering on cars costing thousands of pounds less than XE, XF, E and F Pace models.

#11 ·
I expected them to having bought the most expensive car I'd ever purchased our i20 had them and our i40 we traded in did too!!
You've clearly never ordered a BMW! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.