420G Dutch restoration project

cmellink

Reaction score
Up to now some issues:
Leaking radiator. (fixed)
Leaking heater. (replaced :mad:)
Leaking header tank. (Steef made a new one from stainless steel.😘)
Problems with bleeding rear brakes. (stainless ball in the bleedscrew missing 😆)
Waiting for parts now.
First I want the brakes 100% before I continue with the engine.

Last edited:

rayUK

Reaction score
Really excellent work from you guys. Problems that you have are small after everything else you have done already.
Can't wait to see that beauty hit the street.

cmellink

Reaction score
Really excellent work from you guys. Problems that you have are small after everything else you have done already.
Can't wait to see that beauty hit the street.
Hi Ray, yes we were very very surprised it was running in a minute. After all I dismantled the whole car and overhauled almost everything.
Gives me enough energy to continue the project.;)

Thanks for all your positive reactions.(y)

Fraser

Reaction score
Hi Ray, yes we were very very surprised it was running in a minute. After all I dismantled the whole car and overhauled almost everything.

You are doing very well, it took me 7 years to rebuild my Mark 2 on the 80s

rayUK

Reaction score

No, Thank you for your posts and wonderful project rebuild. It's a pure joy for me and the other members posting on this thread to watch the progress. The Mk10/420G cars were somewhat underated in their day. The E Type, (another beautiful Jag) stole the limelight, but the two cars were so different, luxury sedan and sportscar, that there is no comparison to be made. Like the E Type the 420G is highly collectable now and rightly so.
The XK range of engines were something special.....still are for many of us that owned Jaguars fitted with them.
I really envy you guys and wished I could have kept mine, but wife and baby at a young age meant something had to go. Sadly it was the 420G, followed by the wife 5 years later!
However, today when I think back on the cars I had, I would have loved to have kept the lot! Jaguar Mk2, original S type and 420G. Ford V8 Pilot, MGB Roadster, NSU RO80 (Mazda rotary engine fitted to replace the original Wankel), Lotus Elan to name but a few of the more exotic follies of my youth and I'm sure there are many other members here that share similar memories concerning their car ownership.
You're on the home run now CM, and the finish line is in sight. Again, thank you for kindly keeping us updated.