420G Dutch restoration project

rayUK

Reaction score
She's looking like a big cat again.
I was a very young man when I had mine and the first week I kept hitting the kerb with the front wheel because of the size of the car. First thing I had to buy was a tyre for the front nearside.
Your primer coat looking good and won't be too long before the top coats go on......love it and can only imagine how exciting it must be for you as the finish line draws ever closer.
Fabulous job you have done and well worth all the blood, sweat and tears you have put into it.

rayUK

Reaction score
Don't envy you with that job cmellink......no restoration is easy but the 420G is a truly massive car
However, when you get to the paint job, you're in the closing stages and each coat will put a bigger and bigger smile on your face.
Getting really exciting now and just a few more pushes my friend.

Last edited:

rayUK

Reaction score
The gorgeous lines and curves coming back to life with every layer of primer....just look at that front end! Even in this early paint stage it has a majestic presence which I personally find missing in today's vehicles.
This is a labour of love that will delight all those that see it in its final revived glory.
As always, thank you for keeping such a beautiful Jaguar alive.