420G Dutch restoration project

cmellink

Reaction score
Because I removed the sunroof, lot of leakage problems, I had a ceiling with a hole! The idea was to make one from polyester.
First one I made was a disaster, lot of air bubbles. Second one seems to be ok.

rayUK

Reaction score
My Goodness Kees, you never stop surprising me with the work you have put into this. This must have been a pig of a job to do?
I hate working with this stuff but think you made a good decision to do the whole roof. This will take some finishing to get it to the condition you want but you are too close to the completion to skip something that would have been a constant problem in the future.
I wish you all the best and hope the challenge doesn't strain you too much. It will all come good and the reward of finally driving it on the road will make you forget all the struggles.
Onwards and upwards my friend!

cmellink

Reaction score
My Goodness Kees, you never stop surprising me with the work you have put into this. This must have been a pig of a job to do?
I hate working with this stuff but think you made a good decision to do the whole roof. This will take some finishing to get it to the condition you want but you are too close to the completion to skip something that would have been a constant problem in the future.
I wish you all the best and hope the challenge doesn't strain you too much. It will all come good and the reward of finally driving it on the road will make you forget all the struggles.
Onwards and upwards my friend!
Hi Ray, it is now or never! Car will be painted the weekend of 17 September. Had some issues, starter motor failed. Leaking brake mastercylinder. I knew that brake fluid is bad for your paint but THAT bad!:mad: Hope problem solved now.

rayUK

Reaction score
Hi Kees,
Sent a conversation starter with you which gives you contact details to a UK company that advertises door seals for the Jaguar collectable cars including the 420G.
For others that may be interested take a look at the site:

Hope it works out for you and please let us know.
Ray

rayUK

Reaction score
Just got back from Sicily Kees.
This looks really grrrrrreat. It's going to be some beautiful car when it hits the road.

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see that in the sunshine, looks great. (y)