Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just broke my passengers wing mirror and am trying to source a replacement off ebay.

It's a 06 Sovereign with power fold and memory seats, ie before the facelift. Do I need the expensive 3 wire ones, or is it one of the 7 wire - the paper labels with the part id are not legible. I have searched on the internet and am getting more and more confused.

·
Registered
432 Posts
7 wire for powerfold on mine.

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers - so it is the expensive 3 wire one. I see that there are two three wire versions - one powerfold and the other not (seems strange to have powerfold without memory seats, and memory seats without powerfold). They seem to be about £100+ on ebay plus another £20 for the cover (which I will then have to respray). Maybe I will have a go at glueing the black plastic housing first as it is still working - the glass wasn't even smashed (clipped a tree which I hadn't noticed so it could have been worse) - and buying a new cover.

Anybody know if all the covers interchangeable?

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
As advised above, you will need the 3-wire unit. However, if you really want to save money, you can buy a 7-wire powerfold unit and swap the internals over. The important items from your existing mirror unit are the signal processing board and loom through to the 3-wire external connector and the 8-wire motor unit. If these are undamaged, you can transplant them into a 7-wire unit, as the casing is the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got one for £38 off ebay - everybody else wanted £100 - wrong colour - so I guess that I will need to get my aerosol out. Bit of shame that I didn't see your post first. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.