Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all am still not convinced that the a/c is not off even though button stays lit so how would i know if still on as nothing on heater panel to say a/c on or off does engine drop revs when off or go up when on,my brother says should disconnect a/c how do i do that or has it got to be done by mechanic any help be great

G

·
Would help to know what car we're talking about. But .............. don't start disconnecting any pipes or hoses to do with the air-con - it's illegal and possibly dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. If you have "climate control" set to automatic, the heater and air-con will work together to get the correct temperature in the car. If the button is lit, the air-con is probably on. If the button is not lit, the air con is probably off.
If I'm honest, I don't really understand the question.

With the air-con "on" - if it is working properly, you should be able to hear a "click" as the compressor clutch engages (or disengages) and the revs may rise a little to compensate for the extra load on the engine. If you know what to look for, you can also see whether or not the compressor is turning by looking down inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
Hi ecky, welcome to our forums.

There is a procedure here which operates the AC, blowers and flaps, run it a couple of times and it will show any problems.

I don't think it's only for any particular car.

Here's the link: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=93408

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi david its on my 53 plate x type 2.0d sport red light stays on on button on dash so the revs sit below the 1 on the rev counter which i think means its not on even though just my wife who drives it pointed out the button problem

·
Premium Member
23,824 Posts
Ecky, you will not notice a great difference in revs with modern A/C systems. The recommended method for the A/C is to have it switched in auto permanently. Inside cabin temperature is then adjusted to suit.
If you press the A/C button and the red light goes off then the A/C will be off.
If your wife is saying there is not enough heat then that would suggest a different problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.