Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to be in Colchester earlier today when I came across a Company called Velvis Cars on one of the Industrial
Estates . What do they have for sale ? an immaculate and reasonably low mileage X358 4.2 Sovereign in Indigo Pearl
I believe . I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one of these cars most either being diesel or the V6 , from memory
it was around £15000 but a real beauty nonetheless , 2009 I think and still a real head turner

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
That would be

This One

Stunning, but the number of owners would have me asking questions.

Colour is without doubt a wondrous colour.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The colour combo is lovely but I must admit that I’m personally not a fan of the massive Calistos or wing vents.

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the one Rich and its a corker when your up close . I couldn't tell you the last time I spotted one on the road ,
how about the price , worth it ? For me Phil Dean will have an interesting viewpoint on this car

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Thats the one Rich and its a corker when your up close . I couldn't tell you the last time I spotted one on the road ,
how about the price , worth it ? For me Phil Dean will have an interesting viewpoint on this car
Not sure if I should be flattered - why on earth would my pithy 2c worth be of interest?
I agree with Yoda - why so many owners? Who would part with a car looking like this one?

FWIW, that car is possibly the best I've ever seen - truly stunning colour and I love the wheels. Not often I would say that for a standard Jaguar alloy, but I do love a perfect 5-spoke.

I too am not a fan of the front wing vents, or the X358 'bulk' in general, but that's a personal taste thing.

£15K for a car approaching 9 years old? Bit rich for my blood, but.........by the same margin, if I had a sizeable amount in savings doing SFA......would I think about that one? You know, I honestly don't know. Normally, that figure would be disregarded as frivolous, but - it really does look THAT good....glad I don't have that choice to make :-D.

Well, that's my humble opinion - I just pray it doesn't end up in the hands of some wealthy clod who abuses it.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
There's no question it stands out from the crowd, any crowd and that's just from photos.

For our Red to concur it's as good if not better in the flesh, it really must be something, which throws up another ?

On top of the 6 owners, which is odd, has it had a full respray? Over to you Red for a professional answer.

The paintwork looks just too good for a car a year old, never mind 8 and if you'd go to all the trouble of keeping it pristine, why scrimp on the brake calipers? Especially with those wheels.

Paintwork that good is either fresh, had a 4 figure detail or has/had a protective film applied to protect it, such as XPEL, etc.

Yoda

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Paintwork that good is either fresh, had a 4 figure detail or has/had a protective film applied to protect it, such as XPEL, etc.
Yoda
Good points my dear fellow, I had not even considered fresh paint.........

'A Four-Figure detail'??
That sounds more frightening than the sticker price!!! At least, to a spit and polish man like my good self :mrgreen:.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
Good points my dear fellow, I had not even considered fresh paint.........

'A Four-Figure detail'??
That sounds more frightening that the sticker price!!! At least, to a spit and polish man like my good self :mrgreen:.

Phil.
Sounds as if I know what I'm on about hey Phil, quoting a 4 figure detail?

In truth I don't but I believe it and a 5 figure detail are not unheard of for those who have millions.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sounds as if I know what I'm on about hey Phil, quoting a 4 figure detail?

In truth I don't but I believe it and a 5 figure detail are not unheard of for those who have millions.
Well my friend, if such a mythical beast exists, that car proves it was worth it.

Bit different to the cheap-o shake and bake at the £500 Romanian re-spraying outfit, that's for sure.

Well, at least I know what to ask Santa for........now, where's my set of crayons?

Phil.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Agreed, a stunning colour and a lovely example

I think though, personally speaking that someone has just done a good job with a machine polisher from my perspective, there's too many other tell tale signs that she's been neglected to some degree.

The calipers and hubs have been neglected and look awful, rear discs looks scored almost, chances are and at that mileage possibly new pads and discs all round. Paint the calipers obviously!
Drivers door seal ripped requires replacing - common issue
Exhaust tips don't look great either, another sign for me
She needs new tyres all round, as can be seen and also from the m.o.t advisory
It also shows that more than likely and the mileage would be about right too, that probably most of the suspension both front n rear would need work

To sum up from me, I think she's a beautiful car but over priced by quite a bit, but if you wanted her fair enough, then bear in mind that you could easily be £2k - £3k on suspension / tyres and brake issues and go from there.

There's nothing much more alluring than a shiny shiny 4.2 though I have to agree

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
It's a V8 Jim,

did the painful itch just ease a tad as you were looking at it?

:-D

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
It's a V8 Jim,

did the painful itch just ease a tad as you were looking at it?

:-D
Lol maybe a little

Perhaps I should just keep what I've got as a daily run around / motorway mile cruncher and get one of these as my plaything? :mrgreen:

Just further noticed that there seems to be a "chunk" missing from the rear tyre at the 9 o clock position. Ok so not the end of the world as you'll be needing to replace them anyway, BUT....the fact that they're trying to sell her like that should make you wonder......what else??

Jim

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Lol maybe a little

Perhaps I should just keep what I've got as a daily run around / motorway mile cruncher and get one of these as my plaything? :mrgreen:

Just further noticed that there seems to be a "chunk" missing from the rear tyre at the 9 o clock position. Ok so not the end of the world as you'll be needing to replace them anyway, BUT....the fact that they're trying to sell her like that should make you wonder......what else??

Jim
Young Jim, you have the eyes of a s**thouse rat.

I wonder how many of us would have noticed all that negative stuff, whilst being dazzled by that paint?

Kudos my friend :-D.

Phil.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Young Jim, you have the eyes of a s**thouse rat.

I wonder how many of us would have noticed all that negative stuff, whilst being dazzled by that paint?

Kudos my friend :-D.

Phil.
Thanks Phil

Didn't mean it to come across as negative, just a true and accurate picture of the car, that's all

I know you pay a premium of sorts for a slightly newer model, with less miles and the 4.2 engine, BUT...that's simply too much and by quite a bit imo at least
All the other bits n bobs would be picked up sooner or later that's for sure

Just sitting waiting on the results for the X type today, she's getting tested, so fingers crossed

Lol again at "young Jim"
Takes years off me at that moment just for a second or two :-D:-D

Cheers Phil
Jim

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Thanks Phil

Didn't mean it to come across as negative, just a true and accurate picture of the car, that's all

I know you pay a premium of sorts for a slightly newer model, with less miles and the 4.2 engine, BUT...that's simply too much and by quite a bit imo at least
All the other bits n bobs would be picked up sooner or later that's for sure

Just sitting waiting on the results for the X type today, she's getting tested, so fingers crossed

Lol again at "young Jim"
Takes years off me at that moment just for a second or two :-D:-D

Cheers Phil
Jim
All appendages crossed Jim.
Don't worry, it's still a Jaguar and they don't fail :mrgreen:.

I didn't see the comments as negative, just the objective view, which you so often portray :-D.

Haven't heard from ol' Red since the O/P.
You don't suppose he's heading back to Colchester, do you?

Phil.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts

I didn't see the comments as negative, just the objective view, which you so often portray :-D.

Phil.
Thanks Phil

Yes ole Red could be on his way, we'll find out later I guess

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts

Phil.
Who knows perhaps he is, begs the question whatever happened to the X350 he did buy that needed some work?

As for cream Phil, I have The Cat that's got The Cream :mrgreen:

My bro is 'aving to make do with semi-skimmed :lol:

Yoda

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Who knows perhaps he is, begs the question whatever happened to the X350 he did buy that needed some work?
As for cream Phil, I have The Cat that's got The Cream :mrgreen:
My bro is 'aving to make do with semi-skimmed :lol:
Yoda
Good Grief! Didn't Kenneth Grahame write about you, Mr Toad! :mrgreen:

I think Red's been suffering from 'Workus Maximus'.
A terrible affliction that catches up with us when we aren't driving Jaguars.

He was bemoaning an excess of stuff to do, so the cheap Jag was a back burner for a while.
I recall he was getting grief from a prospective buyer who was getting impatient :).

I guess we'll find out soon enough.....

Phil.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.