Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, can anyone tell me why there are more buttons on the rear passenger side seat than there is on the rear drivers side seat?

I know on the passenger side there is more adjustment, forward and backwards movement, but why is that not also on the rear drivers side?
Car Automotive design Vehicle Grey Vehicle door
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Motor vehicle Seat belt

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
There are more features in the front.
The rear pass seat will move the front pass too

It helps us all, not now but later if the whole story of ownership is in one thread, maybe consider a show thread with the story of your time with this car,warts and all?

Reactions: restorer

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are more features in the front.
The rear pass seat will move the front pass too

It helps us all, not now but later if the whole story of ownership is in one thread, maybe consider a show thread with the story of your time with this car,warts and all?
Oh, I see, thanks.

I'm still learning / a novice at this, but good point.

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
Also the mummies button on the drivers door to stop the windows being moved from the rear seats will turn of the power seats too.

• Helpful
Reactions: restorer

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also the mummies button on the drivers door to stop the windows being moved from the rear seats will turn of the power seats too.
Cool, I'm learning all the time.

I just found the pedal box adjustment and set the easy exit 🏃‍♂️ mode as well. Also, I keep playing with the rear blind but unfortunately as the button is in the head lining some guy shot passed me looking very angrily and giving me the two fingers. I think he thought I gave him the finger 🖕, when all I was doing was putting the blind down 😯

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your picture shows front passenger seat (near side front, or n/s/f) and then rear passenger seat (n/s/r). I am guessing if you show o/s/r (off side rear) it will have the same buttons as n/s/r.

The front seats have more adjustment facilities than the rears.

Such luxury :love:- my XF has no rear seat adjustment. It does, however, have three memory positions on both o/s/f (driver's seat) and n/s/f. Which is a great boon as my previous X250 XF had only two memories on the o/s/f. More buttons to press, but handy to have!

Reactions: JimC64

·
Premium Member
17,880 Posts
Oh, I see, thanks.

I'm still learning / a novice at this, but good point.
Martyn makes a good call about an "ownership thread" Charlie, most of us have them.

You could look to start a new thread entirely, then, the various threads you've made so far, maybe 3 or so, you could link them into your first post for reference, but leave the threads as they are.
All posts will go into those threads and the links in your ownership thread will take anyone that's looking to the full bhoona.

Moving forward, anything and everything related to the car, add into the ownership thread and it builds a history of sorts, for yours, and everyone else's benefit.

If you have any problems, or not sure, just ask, and people will give you the help you need (y)

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Your picture shows front passenger seat (near side front, or n/s/f) and then rear passenger seat (n/s/r). I am guessing if you show o/s/r (off side rear) it will have the same buttons as n/s/r.

The front seats have more adjustment facilities than the rears.

Such luxury :love:- my XF has no rear seat adjustment. It does, however, have three memory positions on both o/s/f (driver's seat) and n/s/f. Which is a great boon as my previous X250 XF had only two memories on the o/s/f. More buttons to press, but handy to have!
Those images I posted were not of my seats, I just used them as an example for my thread / post as I knew my seats had the exact same buttons on but I hadn’t taken any photos of mine at that time.

Both photos are of the rear seats. The one with 3 buttons on is the rear passenger side, the other one is rear drivers side.

Here are my exact seats
Rear Drivers side.
Car Automotive design Luggage and bags Personal luxury car Beige

Rear passenger side.
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Grey Vehicle

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Fair enough. I guess somebody in the know will be able to cast more light on the question!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Fair enough. I guess somebody in the know will be able to cast more light on the question!
Upon reflection, I guess it’s a safety issue. Last thing you want is your drivers side rear passenger pressing the button on their seat moving the drivers seat forward or backwards whilst you are driving so that button has been removed from the drivers side rear seat. Just a presumptuous thought / comment as prevention is always better than cure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bang on Lance !

The front seat adjustment (by the rear seat occupant) is not available on the drivers side for that very reason !
Perfect, thanks John. I guess then that the outlined cover in the seat adjustment switch panel is there for when the car is a left hand drive version.
Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts