Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,
Wondered if anyone could help me. We have an 04 2.0 xtype estate which we love. For a while the a/c has not worked and the cooling fans run all the time. Sort of presuming they are related but not sure where to start. Today the alternator packed up and we guess its having too much stick from the fans running? Cannot see any pressure switches on the a/c so not sure if it has any. There is no clunk when you press the a/c switch which happens on our Xtype saloon (same engine) Dont know whether to try and find another a/c pump and swap that or wondered if it could be something simpler.
We have one of these mini diagnostic things that bluetooth to my phone but the fault description is a bit vague.

any help be appreciated. Cheers, Colin.

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Pressure switch is in the inner wing on the drivers side, follow the pipes from the bulk head.

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
If there is no pressure in the system then it won’t engage, so a test of the system would be the first thing to check.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pressure switch is in the inner wing on the drivers side, follow the pipes from the bulk head.
Ahhhh thanks I found the fill nipple just by the bulkhead near the ecm?? Is the switch inside the engine bay or do you get to it from the wheel arch which I am intimate with at the moment ha ha. Old tubs on the drive waiting for me to fit a new alternator tomorrow (no more rain please)

cheers, Col.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
My advice would be to take your A/C problem to an expert. Fixing these systems is not really a DIY job.

Regards..........................IP

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I Would also advise changing the belt and tensioner while you have the alternator off.

Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.