Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

Does anyone know if a faulty refrigerant pressure sensor on the Air Con Compressor would trigger a fault code.
I've had the gas checked, which is apparently OK and there are no blown fuses that I can find.
The blower works fine but with no cold air and no drop in revs when A/C is engaged.

Thanks.

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
You’d be hard pushed to notice a drop in revs with these modern A/C systems. It could just be that because of the outside temperature being so low it won’t kick in anyway.

Worth hooking up a code reader just to see though. There may also be a way of accessing A/C codes through the touch screen, but not sure on that one.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jim.

I have an Autel MOT Pro which didn't show any DTC's unfortunately. It's a good analyser as it detected a faulty bass speaker on the Bentley. I guess a Bentley is more complex though.
The A/C wasn't working during the warmer months anyway, so it's not the temperature outside affecting it.

I will wait and see if anyone knows about the touch screen. Failing that, it's off to the Indy in Macclesfield.

Les.

· Registered
344 Posts
Hi folks.

Does anyone know if a faulty refrigerant pressure sensor on the Air Con Compressor would trigger a fault code.
I've had the gas checked, which is apparently OK and there are no blown fuses that I can find.
The blower works fine but with no cold air and no drop in revs when A/C is engaged.

Thanks.
The sensor will trigger a fault code if the pressure drops below a certain threshold and i believe it also triggers the exact same code if it fails itself. This is the opinion of the technician who has been battling with a similar problem i have with mine. On that basis, if your system is charged and code is displayed then it could be due to a faulty sensor.
They pulled this code from mine but it's possible it was from a while back when i had a leak and the system was empty of pressure..there is no date with the code. They cleared the code and i'm planning to take it back in soon to see if its triggered again with pressures reading normal.

The compressor is a constant displacement type with no clutch so its always 'engaged' / compressing to a degrees depending on how cool you've set it to unless you physically switch of AC from the display soft button. When mine was leaking and empty of gas i could still see the soft AC button as 'on' even though there was obviously no cooling operation.

When you switch the AC button to 'on' the revs will normally increase slightly to compensate (as opposed to decrease as with a clutch type) you should notice this at idle especially if you are set to cool.

· Registered
344 Posts

· Registered
929 Posts
Air con definitely shuts down when temp drops to near freezing 3 or 4 deg C . I have never noticed any change in revs when AC switches on on any of my diesel cars 2 ltr + . It was noticeable on a 2 ltr petrol Volvo V 40 I had some years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.