Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
There are 2 The XKR has one on each side, so I would expect the boxes to be handed and therefore slightly different, but the filter elements are the same as Lucanella said

G

·
XKR offside box is C2P16932 nearside C2P16931, but it maybe best to call local Jaguar spares to get the correct part number

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 airfilters??? where is the nearside situated ???, i've ordered a new box, filter and brackets! reason being, i have a cone air filter, i think its hindering performance rather than enhancing it. Sucking in lots of warm air (so i'm told)...... any thoughts on this, some thing to do with air density (all above my head).
i had timing chains/tensioners/water pump/thermostat changed last week, technician on test drive stated car seemed a little flat on take off, couldn't pin point anything, so he thought it maybe the after market filter????

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dont use cone filters, i had it also but after 3 weeks i turned back.
Now i have K&N panel filter and is very good, but if you really want the top, and my friend has it, go for BMC CDA... requires a modification to the intake air systems because it requires a lot of air in aspiration. I had a drive with that car with CDA and what can i say, makes a beautiful sound and performance and that's a fu**ing air intake! LOL
Car changes, it worth the money that cost, really.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cone filters cannot be fitted to 4.2 litre cars without destroying original equipment. Tried it and wasn't prepared to do that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cone filters cannot be fitted to 4.2 litre cars without destroying original equipment. Tried it and wasn't prepared to do that.
BMC CDA can be installed on every car, also on Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, is designed for race and installing is not so immediate, requires a "project" and intake system must be slightly modified to get a place where to let breathe the CDA.
Cone filters are crap, they are toys for making a bit of sound but they reduce performance with hot temp and are riskious used without cap because they can let breathe dirty air to the engine and make damages.
Anyway with the appropriate sylicon adapter also a cone filter could be installed on 4.2, but is highly not reccomended to do that.
BMC CDA is paradise, but it cost a lot above all to fit it in the correct way with the appropriate modifications, if bad fitted is dangerous.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As stated in earlier posts, i am now changing the cone filter back to standard fitment! assuming this is the route cause to its poor (flat) performance! Once replaced and performance remains flat, would anyone have thoughts to other causes. This is a main dealer technician with lots of experience stating it's running flat! i think it goes like a train, but he's the expert! and states everything else seems fine.

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
Barney's posts refer to the X150 XKR (post 2005), the X100 XKR only has a single filter, unless mine is non-standard!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.