Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i have a bit of a sob story here im away working and her indoors was out in the car jag xf 2014. Someone hit the front drivers corner and she say there is not much damage to the bodywork, but both front airbags deployed. The really good news is that it turns out she fecked up the insurance for the first time in 23 years. Just wonderful. so now were not covered.

Does anyone know how easy or difficult it is to replace the front airbags on my own.
Does anyone know the likely costs of replacing the airbags should i need to pay for this

Cant believe im looking at being so much money out of pocket
any advice or help appreciated
:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which air bags have gone, steering wheel and pasenger dash? Have the underbonnet airbags gone aswell?
a quick poke around ebay, https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XF-...-Kit-2008-On-Warm-Charcoal-SALE-/162512289328

how did you insurance get messed up?
Do you know if its easy done doing it yourself.
The insurance **** up well were not sure if it was her error or some computer error at their end either way thats the first time in 23 years she was not on my policy (been a genuine mistake by someone though). This is going to cost me a packet which i really cant afford. The bad thing is im not even home so i cant deal with any of it yet

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If the impact was enough to deploy the air bags I would have the car well and truly checked over. There may not be much in visible damage but these cars have crumple zones to absorb impacts. Better to be safe than sorry.
I remember some years ago a BMW tried to mount the back of my Cavalier. Very little damage was noticeable but the rear crumple zone had gone and had to be replaced.

Roger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the impact was enough to deploy the air bags I would have the car well and truly checked over. There may not be much in visible damage but these cars have crumple zones to absorb impacts. Better to be safe than sorry.
I remember some years ago a BMW tried to mount the back of my Cavalier. Very little damage was noticeable but the rear crumple zone had gone and had to be replaced.

Roger
yes it will be getting checked, i can only hope its ok, thanks for the headsup

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just a thought, if you think it's a clerical error, all calls to insurance companies are recorded, you could ask to hear the recordings? Also I'm presuming you wife was insured through other means, such as on a policy she has that allows her to drive other cars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought, if you think it's a clerical error, all calls to insurance companies are recorded, you could ask to hear the recordings? Also I'm presuming you wife was insured through other means, such as on a policy she has that allows her to drive other cars
yes we are fully comp on both cars but because she is not the owner of her car (its in my name) they said she is not insured to drive any other car, we didnt know this. She is named as the main driver on her car but not owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.