AJ6 / AJ16 engine swap into series 2

Roache18

Reaction score
Hi mate I'm trying to do a similar conversation but on a mk10 jaguar could you send me the wiring diagram it would be much appreciated.. I will PM you my email address is cheers Michael

Peterpennstrom

Reaction score
Hi! I've just started planning my own xjr swap into a - 74 xj6 swb. I can't see the attached file and I would absolutely love to receive a copy to my email! It would help me a lot in my process. Here's my email ptrkarlsson9007@gmail.com. I hope you get this message. /Peter

Peterpennstrom

Reaction score
Hi! Did you ever get the diagram? If so could you send a copy to me? I'm also attempting a xjr swap.

Peterpennstrom

Reaction score
Hi! I'm also interested in the wiring diagram, it would really help me out. /Peter (I'm new here and sent a reply earlier, but I don't see it so I'm trying again)

Greg XJR

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I came here because I'm looking to do the exact same thing.
Install an AJ6 or AJ16 in a series 2.

With the difference that I intend to use an ECU (engine management) intended for engine swaps like this one Engine management

The advantage is to connect the wires coming from the various sensors and probes directly in the ECM, it has a basic program allowing to start the engine directly, after it remains to adjust the settings.

Some also manages the automatic gearbox.

Have a good day.

Micky1mo

Reaction score
Hi! I'm also interested in the wiring diagram, it would really help me out. /Peter (I'm new here and sent a reply earlier, but I don't see it so I'm trying again)
Hi, did you ever gat a reply?
I'm building a "D" type replica and would like to fit a X300 or XJ40 engine and ECU.

Peterpennstrom

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever gat a reply?
I'm building a "D" type replica and would like to fit a X300 or XJ40 engine and ECU.
Hi! If you look earlier in the thread Ramin posted the wiring diagram as a PDF, that one looked fine for me in my phone at least.

I've dropped the idea of using the stock ECU and going for an Emerald ECU, they have the base map for the XJR-engine, and I'm interested in tuning it a bit.

D-type with AJ16 sounds almost like the perfect car! Congrats and good luck!