Alloy Wheel Fix Cheshire

goshawk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m relatively new to the forum and the Jag world.

I managed to scuff an alloy on my beautiful XK R Dynamic this morning. Nothing major, just the top layer of lacquer gone. The wheel is black so the scuff is quite apparent.

Can anyone recommend a good repair guy in the Cheshire area? Preferably someone mobile.

Also, does anyone have any idea of price for spraying a wheel?

Many thanks,

Ross
Would of thought there would be mobile alloy wheel repairs in the Cheshire area, as said about £60 + depending on the size of the wheel. Had my
4 X 18inch Vulcans power coated and the 4 Caliper painted with Decals for £400, cut me a good deal and done a super job, good luck in your search..Gos

Marco Polo

Reaction score
These people do the work for most of the local dealers including JLR.

I can recommend Prestige. I used them to weld a cracked alloy wheel on my XKR in November 2020. Their mobile repair guy came and fixed it on my drive - cost £56.

RosscoPColtrane

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I went with Prestige in the end. They painted the wheel today using a mobile unit.
I hate to say it, the guy had a bit of a mare and left the wheel speckled with dust contaminates in the paint. I was not happy, but in fairness he accepted my point. Prestige were quick to arrange a follow up and I am due to drop the car at their workshop next week where the job will be done in a clean environment and hopefully no dust this time. I’m grateful for the follow-up but I am p1ssed off with the inconvenience of having to drive over there and leave my car for 24hrs.

#steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I went with Prestige in the end. They painted the wheel today using a mobile unit.
I hate to say it, the guy had a bit of a mare and left the wheel speckled with dust contaminates in the paint. I was not happy, but in fairness he accepted my point. Prestige were quick to arrange a follow up and I am due to drop the car at their workshop next week where the job will be done in a clean environment and hopefully no dust this time. I’m grateful for the follow-up but I am p1ssed off with the inconvenience of having to drive over there and leave my car for 24hrs.
Just leave the wheel with them and drive around with the red wheel of shame on for a day.

JimC64

Reaction score
I hate to say it, the guy had a bit of a mare and left the wheel speckled with dust contaminates in the paint.
Sorry to hear Rossco.....

It's for reasons like that I'm not keen on using mobile units unless I have no choice

Hope all is sorted ok for you

Jim

MarkyM

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
+1 for TWS as have used their franchise close to me.

Turnaround time was 3 days and they have to skim a small amount off the wheel surface price between £80-£140 depending on damage.

In my case I had a spare front so they simply removed the scuffed one and swapped for my other spare pristine front.