Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so looking at my new wheels today the front two need a gentle refurb, does anyone have the paint code or ppg etc colour code for the silver? Good news found the full sized matching as new alloy in the boot which was a surprise as thought you just got a space saver.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you would think wouldn't you? Stratstones just grunted at me as I didn't let them make 5k on me.

Anyone know a good wheel re furbisher they have used in Manchester?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have arranged a refurb of all at the same time rather than just the two that really need it by a local company so have given up on the code as they say they will match to the centre caps. Will feedback after with before and after pics. Have also arranged the two tiny spots of corrosion to be treated and repaired and a full paint restoration to the whole car at a silly cheap price. Lots of positive feedback for this guy so will keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so car dropped of this am and had an interesting journey back home via the peasant wagon that was an experience. Getting the car back tomorrow with sparkly wheels as its a full strip and repair, paint then tyres and balance. Should Improve the looks somewhat.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Really looking forward to any pics you can post, Jamie.

Mine's the same colour as yours with similar aesthetic needs.

Wasn't particularly looking for a green one, or s/c when I was buying, but became addicted to the s/c almost instantly on test drive, and really liking the colour now as well.

Any chance of passing on details of who's doing the bodywork?

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simon of course I will dig his details out. Wheels were done the other day and look great apart from one tiny blemish in the powder coat which really peed me off. They didn't offer to redo it just said it is the nature of the process. I said well I could always not pay you fully as that's the nature of not getting what you paid for but I am way to honest for that. We settled on a price of 55 per wheel inc vat and I have dropped a pin head of silver paint in the sunken spot and it looks fine now.

I will get some pics done and uploaded they have transformed the wheels entirely, although they do now look a bit like wheel trims as they are spotless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.