Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2306 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT'S HERE!!!

I daresay that there will be more news/ photos soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Shiny.

(Plus another admiring adjective to make up the minimum 10-character post length.)

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
Great to see Chris, but what have you sacrificed to SWMBO to get it?

I sincerely hope that you'll realise the error of your ways and clean this one.

It ain't as if you can't, Captains Rounds was more detailed, but then again perhaps you torpedo jockeys didn't even get them.

Rich

·
Administrator
9,735 Posts
At least I don’t have to bother sorting that rear window surround that was flapping about on your old XJ! You’ll have to bring your new motor round to have a look at it.

What exactly have you bought?

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least I don't have to bother sorting that rear window surround that was flapping about on your old XJ!
This is true. I can also stop trying to figure out how to get rid of the smell of year-old rotting cream from the boot! I also now have a 2010 model year touch screen to sell, as well as a set of SWB Oyster/ Ivory mats!

You'll have to bring your new motor round to have a look at it.

What exactly have you bought?
I am now the proud owner of a 2017 Ultimate Black (or Santorini Black, the spec sheet isn't clear) XJ Autobiography, with Ivory interior.

It is the most extravagant car in the world. It is 4.73 miles long, and has enough room in the back for a rugby team. The TVs are bigger than the one in my front room. There are more blinds than there are windows, and to really irritate the Laird it has illuminated tread plates (although it doesn't have a bottled spoiler or gaudy brake thingies).

I haven't really had a chance to do anything other than park it on the drive, but I will be round to you to show it off at the first available opportunity!

Great to see Chris, but what have you sacrificed to SWMBO to get it?
She hasn't told me yet. But it will doubtless be both expensive and painful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
She hasn't told me yet. But it will doubtless be both expensive and painful.

Good...and I hope it hurts ....Nope Not jealous AT ALL !!!! :)

·
Premium Member
16,563 Posts
I am now the proud owner of a 2017 Ultimate Black (or Santorini Black, the spec sheet isn't clear) XJ Autobiography, with Ivory interior.
It is the most extravagant car in the world. It is 4.73 miles long, and has enough room in the back for a rugby team. The TVs are bigger than the one in my front room. There are more blinds than there are windows, and to really irritate the Laird it has illuminated tread plates (although it doesn't have a bottled spoiler or gaudy brake thingies).

I haven't really had a chance to do anything other than park it on the drive, but I will be round to you to show it off at the first available opportunity!
Hey Chris, very nice mate, very nice and yes, Santorini will cover the exterior paintwork I'm sure.

I might have known you'd throw the "illuminated treadplates" at me as I don't have them, yet lol, but wasn't expecting it first post, right between the eyes lol

You won't have "bottled" anything but I presume you mean the bootlid spoiler lol, and as for Gaudy" brakes, well, each to their own and all that, better than the red wheels you seem to prefer.

You'll have lots of fun learning about the new toys / updates etc, she's a beauty.

As for your question in another post about AdBlue?

You can check various ways, as simple as checking your remote premium app, for example at the moment mine says 2361.2 miles until required.

I have been doing a lot of small stop / start around town journeys of late, the off 200 - 300 mile jaunt thrown in, nothing too big for a wee while now. For me it can be maybe 4-5 months or so before needing topped up.

Enjoy
Jim

·
Premium Member
6,379 Posts
AdBlue?

Is that somat I need for my V8

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
22,953 Posts
AdBlue?

Its the stuff you top up the washer bottle with, mines is blue anyway.:lol::mrgreen::lol:

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Very nice Chris, I'm pleased for you. Make sure that you wash and polish this one.

I like the very subtle delivery, I'm sure the neighbours never noticed a thing.

I must check my washer bottle lol.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well. One drive, 15 miles in traffic, but wow. First observations:

It makes the old one seem like a tractor - noisy, lumpy and agricultural. I wouldn't have believed this possible.

The black really shines (but that may be due to the rain, I guess). The leather headliner gives the interior a different feel from the old furry stuff.

There is a ridiculous amount of space in the back (both footrests are there). I mean the kids could hold the school disco in there and I wouldn't notice. (Disco being facilitated by all of the interior lights: illuminated air vents and all)

Touch screen is astonishingly responsive. I don't know how I lived with the old one. (First world problem #23,782)

-- Touch screen is, I believe, 8" - not 10" as in the advertising blurb.

I don't know where any of the touch screen controls are, and apart from being in different places, they are all called different things.

Instrument panel looks unbalanced with a Jaguar logo in a circle on the right. (First world problem #23,783)

The cold spots on the heated steering wheel are in different places. (...)

I don't understand the parking aids. This is going to take a bit of getting used to, as there is more graphic (yes Jim, I agree - I can't see how it does that at all!), but less intuitive noise.

The sixlight trim isn't loose, and the boot doesn't smell.

I still can't shut the boot with the remote.

I can turn off the flappy paddles in D! This will save me a lot of heartache.

(The previous owner/ showroom set seat memory two to as close to a flat bed as you can manage. You can imagine my surprise when I hit button 2 by accident just before I engaged D to drive off!)

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Illuminated air vents and leather headlining I'm now officially jealous!

Also you can turn off the flappy paddles in D (first world problem #8217), I'd love to be able to do that.

·
Premium Member
16,563 Posts
AdBlue?

No Rich, you're confusing that with petrol, you know the stuff you have to buy every other day lol
Jim

·
Premium Member
16,563 Posts
Lol sounds like you're having fun Chris.

It'll take you a little while to find al the toys and what they do etc. I'm having treadplates fitted at the weekend lol

Jim

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hope you like your Autobiography Chris, I thought the Portfolio was fully loaded but yours must have a few more toys. I haven't dared using the self parking on mine yet...
Your comment about the memory 2 setting reminded me of a friend who, many years ago, took delivery of a new Mercedes Estate delivered just as yours was. When the car was on the road behind the delivery truck, he decided to adjust the seat. In those days, you just lifted a lever to slide the seat back and forwards. He pulled the lever, the seat shot back, he accidentally hit the accelerator and crashed his brand new Merc into the back of the truck! This is true!.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Nice, but could you squeeze the lower door rubber so the join is flush please.

Oh thanks.

1 - 20 of 2306 Posts