Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My audio guy has no idea, so can you guys help with an Android setup in a 2006 XK, as I want to bring Spotify into her?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
There's a modification you can buy which replaces the standard touch screen and most of the controls below it with a large, Tesla-style tablet type thing but from what I can gather you'll lose certain functions of the car (heated/cooled seats maybe?) and to my eyes at least it looks bloody awful. If you just want to get Spotify music in the car, you can get one of a couple of Bluetooth solutions which will enable you to play music from your phone from various apps, including Spotify. I use a BoVee Bluetooth adapter which connects to the old-style iPod cable in the car, this works pretty well - steering wheel controls work but I don't get track/artist info etc. on the screen unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I've got the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto modification, it integrates with the existing info screen , works great , but it's very expensive unless you can install it yourself.
I did have the Bovee 1000 and adaptor before as 8bit mentioned, try that as it might be all you need

One of these -

Bovee 1000 Amazon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Before you go down the Bovee route, check to make sure you have the Jaguar ACM installed. I'm pretty sure it wasn't standard on a 2006 XK (certainly my 2008 XKR didn't have one as standard). I believe the part is C2P16491 which should still be available. That will at least get you the AUX-IN which you will need for any Bluetooth adaptor.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a modification you can buy which replaces the standard touch screen and most of the controls below it with a large, Tesla-style tablet type thing but from what I can gather you'll lose certain functions of the car (heated/cooled seats maybe?) and to my eyes at least it looks bloody awful. If you just want to get Spotify music in the car, you can get one of a couple of Bluetooth solutions which will enable you to play music from your phone from various apps, including Spotify. I use a BoVee Bluetooth adapter which connects to the old-style iPod cable in the car, this works pretty well - steering wheel controls work but I don't get track/artist info etc. on the screen unfortunately.
Thanks 8bit, but I don't have " the old-style iPod cable in the car" unfortunately :-(

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before you go down the Bovee route, check to make sure you have the Jaguar ACM installed. I'm pretty sure it wasn't standard on a 2006 XK (certainly my 2008 XKR didn't have one as standard). I believe the part is C2P16491 which should still be available. That will at least get you the AUX-IN which you will need for any Bluetooth adaptor.
Thanks Yakman......So is that Jaguar ACM installation a relatively easy job for my service guys?

·
Registered
472 Posts
What functions do you lose with having that installed though?
I have a base XK and haven't lost anything important what I know. Cooled seats and heated steeringwheel won't work. There is a good thread on the american forum which will give all the answers I think.:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks Yakman......So is that Jaguar ACM installation a relatively easy job for my service guys?
I believe the installation is fairly straightforward, but I'm pretty sure the module will have to be enabled on the car. That is a job for a Jaguar dealer (or well equipped indy). It is usually installed with the connectors (iPod, 3.5 stereo jack and USB) in the centre armrest cubby hole, but mine are in the glove box where I keep my Firefly Bluetooth adaptor (works brilliantly and is much cheaper than a Bovee!).

Not a cheap and easy fix, though. The ACM is about £280 on its own... :(

Reactions: Dazza993

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed the item below for BT connectivity. Built for the early X150, it adds a plug adapter for the back of the head unit. Installation is removing the head, plugging the adapter into the back, and attaching the power link to the back of the powerpoint in the glovebox. Simple and effective. Been working fine for the last two years. It's only a receiver, so no interactivity. Works with any BT enabled phone to port the audio signal into the audio system. Also, the Aux function needs to be activated with SDD. $140 for the unit, and whatever it costs for a jag indy to switch on the Aux function. If you have SDD, you can enable the Aux.

·
Banned
6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you have two options I think, have the ACM module fitted to give you that iPod cable, or there's another method detailed here - https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads...x150-xk-xkr-4-2l-only-acm-alternative.115429/
Well, I got the kit from the 'JagWrangler', presented it to 'Chiltern Jaguar', who then activated the AUX much cheaper than a Jag 'Stealer' would have & bingo, my Sony Xperia Android runs 'Spotify' or wen streaming through it faultlessly. In fact, the output (pre-amp) quality on the Sony Xperia has really shown up the poor quality of the on-board XK amplifier, so with being able to also stream ALL radio stations, I'll never need to suffer poor stereo music again. Lord bless the 'JagWrangler' :)

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Excellent news and thanks for the update.(y)

Reactions: RatPC

·
Registered
77 Posts
I may need to fit one of the BT devices from the JagWrangler as the Audio Connection Kit C2P16491 are virtually impossible to find in the UK
Good to hear a postive review of the device though @Frostie

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is a volvo unit which with minor adjustments to the pinouts will work on the XK head unit in the same way as the jagwrangler unit but for a lot less. I bought one off ebay months ago but haven't got around to it yet.

To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if he buys these and tweaks them for a nice profit ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi @Mike_Hammond - I also found these and a forum post somewhere about them not working in the XK without modification, but no details of the modification needed. Do you know what's required?

I seem to remember a YouTube video from TheJagWrangler showing an aux in rather than Bluetooth receiver but they don't seem to sell that. Presumably also possible, maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304520344852. The description for that item suggests it also needs power in addition to the plug itself.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi @Mike_Hammond - I also found these and a forum post somewhere about them not working in the XK without modification, but no details of the modification needed. Do you know what's required?

I seem to remember a YouTube video from TheJagWrangler showing an aux in rather than Bluetooth receiver but they don't seem to sell that. Presumably also possible, maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304520344852. The description for that item suggests it also needs power in addition to the plug itself.
Try xkr2007.com ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts