Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cheers @Mike_Hammond & @urbanology - those eBay links are quite a bit cheaper.
I feel I've seen the XKR2007.com post about using that harness with a pair of phono plugs - I think there's only 3 wires (left, ground, right) that go into pins 10,11 & 12

The site is in French so time to fire up Google translate

The eBay item with both the BT and 3.5mm socket would be best for me as I could then also use the AUX-out output from my Pure Highway 400 DAB receiver to avoid needing to transmit on an FM frequency For £16 it's worth a punt

·
Registered
52 Posts
No problem - interestingly we seem to be facing similar challenges with our cars at the same time (air con was the other one).

Google Translate works well enough, it won't translate annotations on photographs but you can do it word by word or possibly even figure it out given the main text.

I wonder if it works well enough to write to him asking how much his preconfigured cables are, or give him some amusement from the attempt at least. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto modification, it integrates with the existing info screen , works great , but it's very expensive unless you can install it yourself.
I did have the Bovee 1000 and adaptor before as 8bit mentioned, try that as it might be all you need

One of these -

Bovee 1000 Amazon
I looked at it on amazon but only saw it giving access to ipod music? what am I missing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cheers @Mike_Hammond & @urbanology - those eBay links are quite a bit cheaper.
I feel I've seen the XKR2007.com post about using that harness with a pair of phono plugs - I think there's only 3 wires (left, ground, right) that go into pins 10,11 & 12

The site is in French so time to fire up Google translate

The eBay item with both the BT and 3.5mm socket would be best for me as I could then also use the AUX-out output from my Pure Highway 400 DAB receiver to avoid needing to transmit on an FM frequency For £16 it's worth a punt
I saved £100 and bought the Volvo unit with Bluetooth on eBay for £12, or you can buy the same unit Bluetooth and wired RCA ports or one with just the RCA ports. It needs a bit of re-wiring but it's an easy job and I posted all the requirements, in English, here:

Richard

21 - 26 of 26 Posts