Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - HOWTO

Sailor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Some of the customised Car Launcher Screens are really good.

Can anyone advise me what format the Car Logo (behind the clock!) should be? I suspect that it should be of a certain size and image format, but I can't find a reference anywhere. My Google-Fu is weak on this one.

Thanks!

Mark B.

benwillcox

Reaction score
This means there is a new type of memory device on the board that is not in the Rovatool configuration. This is explained in the Rovatool documentation along with steps on how to resolve it.

dimkabox@gmail.com

Reaction score
Yes its the same SAA7706H in the touchscreen versions too. I tried to use the similar technique as described here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...AUX-in-for-your-V50-basic-sound-system/page10 to sniff the i2c traffic going to the SAA but was not successful, mainly due to my limited knowledge about how to listen into an existing i2c bus without interrupting the existing commands on the bus. They also say they had difficulty with some of the different analogue inputs that didn't sound as good as they should, without knowing details of all the internal register values that should be set it could be quite difficult.

The CD aux-in mod that worked on my system uses the same pins as the Cassette aux-in mod - I suspect that perhaps this is an early version of the CD player, and presumably has different internal firmware to use those specific analogue input pins on the SAA, versus the SPDIF on the newer versions of the CD player.

Your idea to put the aux-in on the output side of the SAA sounds like a good way to avoid any extra complications with different internal versions of the CD player. Personally though I would like to modify a CD player that uses the SPDIF internally to have a fully digital path between my Odroid source and the SAA chip. I will have to hunt around for a later model CD player and give it a try!

Thanks,
Ben

Hello, Ben! I'm researching this topic for few weeks. I bought extra cassette and CD units for trying different ways of AUX installation and here is the main question. If I get some simple analod-to-spdif or bluetooth to spdif converter, will it work if i just connect the coaxial output it to pin4 of the CD connector on the main board (while blank cd is playing)?

Thanks
Dmitry

Sailor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Been raining again…

Recently had some interference issues with the GPS Receiver. This was tracked down to the near proximity of a USB 3 lead to the receiver antenna.

We resolved this at the time by putting a USB 2 hub between the Odroid and the downstream USB cables, devices and hubs. This forced the whole system to run at USB 2 speeds.

Then I thought why not put a more, ehhr, professional(?) GPS Receiver in the system.

Did a bit of research and spoke to some people and the SiRF Star IV is well thought of in both maritime and aviation circles.

As fate would have it, GlobalSat produce a device with this at the heart.

On Amazon.co.uk: GlobalSat BU-353-S4 USB GPS Receiver (SiRF Star IV/Black)

Of course, our Android (Lineos 17.1 in my case) doesn’t have drivers for it. But most USB GPS Receivers work by simulating a com port and a serial connection to dump the NMEA Nav Data over.

To get it to go you have to enable Super User (Root your device or install Magisk), open up the Developer Options (a non-trivial exercise when the “About Tablet” menu entry is scrolled off the screen behind the bottom bar!), and enable Mock Locations. Then install an app to open up the virtual com port. I used USBGPS4Droid. I did try USB-GPS off of the Play Store but found the former slightly better.

Stick it all in the car – and it works!

I am hoping that this will help out with residual interference and canyon effect.

Do note though that GPS Test and GPS Status apps don't seem to pick up the NMEA stream.

Mark B.

MarkFY

Reaction score
Been raining again…

Recently had some interference issues with the GPS Receiver. This was tracked down to the near proximity of a USB 3 lead to the receiver antenna.

We resolved this at the time by putting a USB 2 hub between the Odroid and the downstream USB cables, devices and hubs. This forced the whole system to run at USB 2 speeds.

Then I thought why not put a more, ehhr, professional(?) GPS Receiver in the system.

Did a bit of research and spoke to some people and the SiRF Star IV is well thought of in both maritime and aviation circles.

Mark B.
Yep, I've found that USB3 hubs, in particular, can interfere with various radio signals (GPS and Bluetooth) whilst testing the N2 out of the car. As a result, the 2 hubs I use in the car itself are USB2. To be fair, the USB3 hubs did have a label to say they may interfere with nearby devices.

Sailor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Yep, I've found that USB3 hubs, in particular, can interfere with various radio signals (GPS and Bluetooth) whilst testing the N2 out of the car. As a result, the 2 hubs I use in the car itself are USB2. To be fair, the USB3 hubs did have a label to say they may interfere with nearby devices.

Indeed! USB 3 seems to run at around 2.4/2.5 GHz - and that will, of course, interfere with the L1 GPS signal at 1.2 GHz....

Nothing's simple.

Mark B.

Luke2501

Reaction score
Hi, Ben!

##I'm not fluent in English so my sentences may not be correct.##

I'm trying to get to DIY Convertion V4.2 using Odroid N2+.

I've read your website (jagdroid.org) and this forum, but I couldn't find the latest sketch for the Arduino.
The System Operation Guide (http://www.jagdroid.org/system-operation-guide/) says that the latest version of the sketch is V4.2 or V5 for Arduino Leonard and V2.3 for CD aux-in. However, I have only been able to find V4.1 and V2.2 respectively.
Can you tell me where I can find the latest version of sketch?

On another note, perhaps, is Programming and testing (http://www.jagdroid.org/programming-and-testing/) still incomplete?

I can't read English very well, but your website is polite and easy to understand.

Thanks.
Luke