Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Got my self x351 2013, car had little tip in past, its 37.000miles on it, not bad over all.
I've tried few facebook groups but these aren't good. Im very suppressed that FORUM is working and its active, not many forums still alive :)
So becouse there is many options with headlamps im not sure with one should i go for honestly. I don't really mind pay 800 for a lamp as long its correct one!

This is my spec from TOPIx: (not even sure if its good spec or not ? :) )

Font Document Number

Ok my headlight has got swivel problem error + it has glue all over+ some white marker writing so i dont know if someone changed this lamp already or not.
Car is UK model.
Pass side has numbers:
AW9313W029DD

Driver is:
AW9313W030CD

I've access to Launch / Diagzone so ive no problem with codding this way but i dont have SSD.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Essentially, it sounds like you have dynamic headlights, they will be earlier HID/Xenon style, and LHD or RHD to suit your local country (the "tourist lever" does NOT change the beam pattern between LHD and RHD, it simply changes it from its home setting to a more neutral setting)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
The write writing sounds like it is a replacement, maybe its not a dynamic light but rather a self levelling only one, although the engineering numbers you quoted are very close.

When you say glue on it, does it look like it has been apart and then re sealed?

The motors are normally replaceable, although Jag probably don't sell them separately. There should be two motors for the dynamic lights, I think. One for height and the other left - right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The write writing sounds like it is a replacement, maybe its not a dynamic light but rather a self levelling only one, although the engineering numbers you quoted are very close.

When you say glue on it, does it look like it has been apart and then re sealed?

The motors are normally replaceable, although Jag probably don't sell them separately. There should be two motors for the dynamic lights, I think. One for height and the other left - right.
Yes looks like it was taken apart, someone tried to fix it or maybe just changed 'glass'.
The one ive linked up has got dynamic bending light.
My current headlight has got swivel motor and adjustment fault+ bracket or even two are broken so im looking forward to replace it anyways

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey!

I've received headlight, on headlight it said AFS, LHD, RHS... So they sent me wrong one.
I found this:

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Brand

So does it mean i can probably code it using launch for RHD? :)

Don't want to touch it since its new in package, but if i have to send it back - i ll.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
I don’t think so. Usually the continental driving option flattens the beam knocking the lift up to the kerb off. So the LHD light is the wrong one.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
A LHD headlight cannot be converted to a RHD one, or vice versa. There is a tourist level that converts a headlight to a neutral one for temporary use abroad, not convert to LHD/RHD

A normal RHD has a beam pattern like

\_ \_

The tourist lever converts to a flat

__ __

HTH

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bump, still thinking about headlamps. My headlamps as i said are:

Pass side has numbers:
AW9313W029DD

Driver is:
AW9313W030CD

Pass side with is damaged on sticker has:
XEN RHD RHS
Driver is:
AFS RHD ...

I found two lights:
One that is not adaptive - on ebay.
One that has lettering AFS RHD RHS - with is what i need yes? :D

I think someone put wrong lamp on car after it had tip!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts