Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old girl didn’t let me down and passed today.
I hadn’t had any advisories since 2020, but this year, tyre wear on inner edges of the front tyres and suspension arm-pin or bush worn, but not resulting in excessive movement, near side rear upper( front bushing).
Nothing too terrible. Relaxing with a nice cuppa now😁👍

· Premium Member
18,884 Posts
I hadn’t had any advisories since 2020, but this year, tyre wear on inner edges of the front tyres and suspension arm-pin or bush worn, but not resulting in excessive movement, near side rear upper( front bushing).
Nice one Angus, always a good day when they just slide on through.
Pleased for you

Jim

· Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
4,754 Posts
Ah, that's the way it's done, tyres are a given at some point or other and the advisories aren't urgent so that's a winner with another 12 months tucked under you belt (y)

· Registered
3,786 Posts
Worth not leaving the suspension issues too long, as it knocks the dynamic geometry out, resulting in accelerated tyre wear, as you now have. You may think those fronts quite quickly wear down to the chords.

A word of warning, after bush replacement, you might need a proper geometry check done, which can be £150ish. Hence, its worth doing all suspect bushes at the same time. The X351's geometry is pretty simple, so any knuckle dragger with the right gear (eg, Hunter Hawkeye) can "get it in the green".

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worth not leaving the suspension issues too long, as it knocks the dynamic geometry out, resulting in accelerated tyre wear, as you now have. You may think those fronts quite quickly wear down to the chords.

A word of warning, after bush replacement, you might need a proper geometry check done, which can be £150ish. Hence, its worth doing all suspect bushes at the same time. The X351's geometry is pretty simple, so any knuckle dragger with the right gear (eg, Hunter Hawkeye) can "get it in the green".
Thanks for the advice.👍

· Premium Member
18,884 Posts

Helpful as always TB

Succinctly put as always....love it

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts