Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem started last night. When I have been out and about and stop the car in the drive I am unable to open the passenger door (offside) to get my daughter out. It was dark when we got home last night so didn't want to mess around, so had to use the nearside back door to try to get our daughter out (she is disabled, so not as easy as you think)
Today I tried it again with the same result, however was is strange is, that after stopping the car and locking it via the remote I have no problem in opening the offside rear door, hence opening all the doors.
Any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additive to the above, just been sat in the car playing with the remote and what appears to be happening is, when the car is locked the top lever on the the rear offside door doesn't move and the same when unlocking it with the remote from inside the car ???? odd or what.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Not heard of that problem on the XF but pretty common on the X Type. Try a silicon spray up through the door latch as on the X Type it is the pawl that sticks.. It is sometimes the rod needs adjusting.

Roger

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi, sounds like the solenoid is not working, unfortunately it is part of the lock mechanism. Phil

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of interest, do the lock/unlock buttons on the dash work the door ?
Sorry about the delay in replying, yes that do.
Have noticed whilst sat in the car that the top lever does not move when using the key for from inside the car. Not sure if this is relevant?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.