Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, first time poster - will introduce myself properly if/when this purchase goes ok!

Just wanted to see if anyone recognised this car:

Used Jaguar S-type Saloon 4.2 V8 R 4dr Auto | Calder Motor Co.

Reg no is SW02 at the moment but looked like is was T555 (can't remember the last 3) when I flicked through the old MOTs.

Looks in decent condition, management lights on that seemed to be brake related but it will go through the workshop prior to sale. Same with boot seal, water in the boot but will get sorted before sale.

Bought from them before with no problems and getting reasonable trade in. Deposit is down on it so not quite too late to walk away!

TBH I didn't even know these existed but had to view it as soon as I spotted it online, one quick drive was enough to shake on the deal too! I love discrete looks with big power so it ticks all my boxes.

Just hoping there isn't someone here with a horror story about it now

·
Registered
280 Posts
The T555 number would have been a private plate as they didnt make them in T reg. I don't know if that was anyone on here.

Just be sure they sort out the engine management problem before you take it as that could potentially be big money to put right although it should be covered for a few months being a dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the reply.

Yep, definitely a private plate, didn't seem that long ago it was changed so hoped that'd make it more recognisable! Also makes it tough to work out which region it's been in as it's obviously been re-registered in Scotland but doesn't mean it's always been up here!

Garage called yesterday, engine warning lights were abs sensor and egr valve related. Both replacement parts are on their way there now so I'll have a good check lights are now off.

Just hoping there are no posts on here saying its regularly seen on the drag strip or going round knockhill!!

Thanks again
Steve

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Steve, looks like a nice car.
The extra check I would make would be to run the log book (V5) number through the MOT site and ensure that mileage is genuine. 57k in ten years sounds VERY low.
If its done 100k it wouldn't necessarily matter, but would get you some cash off.
I nearly bought a 175k diesel that had 100k on the clock by checking the VOSA site.
Water in the boot can cause electrical issues, so check everything thoroughly.

Check your vehicle's MOT status and history online : Directgov - Motoring

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply.

The garage have a print out of all old MOTs including all advisories. That and the stamped service history both matched up to the mileage so happy that's genuine. Will try and get the VIN no and check anyway when they call to confirm bits n pieces are sorted tomorrow.

Soon as I saw it I thought it looked a good-un. Checked most of the electrics on the test drive but will do a full shake down pre paying my cash. Obviously comes with dealer warranty and back up.

Can't wait to get it now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, they did the imports for years when there was good money in it. Remember seeing a lot in there I went for a look at but never bought an import. They've switched to a combination of older quick stuff and general cheap run arounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually spotted a T555 reg seemed pretty close to the one I think was on this around the area yesterday, was on a fairly new tasty looking black five series, possibly an m5, so looks like it could have been owned by someone who likes big, fast barges! Or it was a completely different plate!!

Not picked it up yet anyway, abs sensor was changed but abs fault still present. Dealer is working away at it but no update today :-( just sitting here willing the phone to ring...

Would be nice to have it for the weekend!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was speaking to the dealer last night and he was apologetic it wasn't ready. As I said to him I'd rather wait for a properly sorted motor than have it rushed out with a 'patch-up' job.

Better communication would be nice though :-/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.