Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trading private messages with forum member Valeto, who was trying to download one of the guides from this page that I put together a few years ago:
http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=76513
- it turns out the link is broken.

I thought now might be a good time to make a new version of that post (unfortunately I can't edit the current one, I think vBulletin has a date cutoff for post editing).

Most of the missing guides are downloadable PDFs, created by forum member westville (Jim). They were hosted at Keep&Share, but the account's obviously lapsed and the links are broken. I tried PM-ing westville, but it looks like he's no longer a forum member (I've not been on the forum much myself recently, so don't know if I've missed something. Maybe westville's given up on Jag ownership?).

I have several of westville's excellent PDFs that I can re-upload & re-link to, but I never downloaded them all (because they weren't specific to my model or short-term problem). If anyone out there has copies of the missing guides on their computer, please could you PM me, and we can sort out how to upload & re-link them. The missing guides (ignoring the ones I already have on my PC) are:

Diagnosing Problems - Jaguar Diagnostic Theory
j-tinf-diagnostic-theory-pdf-july-23-2011-9-56-pm-393k.pdf

Under the Bonnet - pictorial guide to what is where
jx-inf-under-the-bonnet-pdf-june-13-2011-11-18-pm-363k.pdf

EGR Cleaning Guide - 2.2D (non-DPF) stepper motor version
jx-egr-cleaning-pdf-june-3-2011-8-58-pm-167k.pdf

Cam Position Sensor (CMP) - Diesel Removal
jx-inf-cam-position-sensor-cmp-pdf-june-7-2011-6-57-pm-926.pdf

MAF Sensor Cleaning 08MY 2.2D (non DPF)
jx-inf-maf-sensor-clean-pdf-june-6-2011-6-11-pm-803k.pdf

Front and Rear Door Card Fasteners Location
jx-inf-dorr-card-fasteners-pdf-july-24-2011-1-43-pm-151k.pdf

Front Door Card Removal (with pics)
jx-inf-door-card-removal-pdf-july-24-2011-1-43-pm-286k.pdf

Joining Wires (12v)
article-joining-wires-pdf-july-23-2011-11-40-am-393k.pdf

On a related note, you were probably as dismayed as I was when the change to Photobucket's remote picture linking policy broke half the forums on the internet. There's a brilliant post here showing how to do a script workaround in the Chrome browser to make all the Photobucket pictures come back. Whoever worked it out deserves a medal.
http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=102391 - post #5.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
You can ask admin to let you edit old posts just ask Ian D or resident Super Moderator

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well done sijones. :)

Im afraid that i cannot help with your requests but its great that you have taken the initiative to get the 'How to' threads back working again. These are a valuable source of information to us owners.

·
Administrator
10,093 Posts
At the moment, posts have a 12 month editing window after that they’re locked. This was extended from 24 hours for users to change photobucket images in posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.