Back in '74, I saw my first Ford Zodiac

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score

I thought that is was such a marvelous machine. (It was in the Bachelor's Enlisted Quarters parking lot at USNAS Whidbey Island Washington. Today, such a machine would be considered rare.
That would be considerd pretty rare here too Captain O, but I have to ask what were you doing in BEQ's? Surely BOQ's for you! ;)

Captain O

Reaction score
Pacific Northwest US of A (The Colonies).
That would be considerd pretty rare here too Captain O, but I have to ask what were you doing in BEQ's? Surely BOQ's for you! ;)

My moniker is an adopted (and Copyrighted ten years ago) persona. I was an Aviation Machinist's Mate (USN) during the final days of the Vietnam Conflict. I would still like to see/experience another Ford Zodiac Mark II once again. I always considered it a "posh" bit of kit. Even back in the day, I realized that it was an "Executive Saloon". The exclusivity of such a motorcar would possess a special cachet. You'll have something from the period that would spur lively conversation at your local "cars and coffee" gathering, don't you think?

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
My moniker is an adopted (and Copyrighted ten years ago) persona. I was an Aviation Machinist's Mate (USN) during the final days of the Vietnam Conflict. I would still like to see/experience another Ford Zodiac Mark II once again. I always considered it a "posh" bit of kit. Even back in the day, I realized that it was an "Executive Saloon". The exclusivity of such a motorcar would possess a special cachet. You'll have something from the period that would spur lively conversation at your local "cars and coffee" gathering, don't you think?
Oh, I couldn't agree more!

I too was in Military aviation, 27 years in the RAF as a maintenance engineer, primarily on C 130 and C 17 though I did serve some time on fast jets! A lttle after your time, I joined up in '76. I have had the pleasure of working with many of your countrymen and serving on many of your military establishments. A couple you may know, I spent 8 weeks TDY at Cherry Point MCAS, 4 weeks TDY at NAF El Centro and more night stops at USAF bases than I can remember including a couple at McChord!

Captain O

Reaction score
Pacific Northwest US of A (The Colonies).
Oh, I couldn't agree more!

I too was in Military aviation, 27 years in the RAF as a maintenance engineer, primarily on C 130 and C 17 though I did serve some time on fast jets! A lttle after your time, I joined up in '76. I have had the pleasure of working with many of your countrymen and serving on many of your military establishments. A couple you may know, I spent 8 weeks TDY at Cherry Point MCAS, 4 weeks TDY at NAF El Centro and more night stops at USAF bases than I can remember including a couple at McChord!
Ah, the old C 130 "Hercules" turboprop aircraft. I flew on more of the old C 118 reciprocating radial engine cargo aircraft between Whidbey and Eugene, OR (Mahlon-Sweet Airport) than anything else. More of these converted cargo crafts ran "Scoochamendi Airlines" (military air hops) between USNAS Whidbey Island, Eugene, OR, and the former USNAS Alameda, CA) than I care to remember.