Battery

Mr Squirrel

Reaction score
Hi folks. I know this question will have been covered before but i would still like some personal opinions.

I am still very much enjoying life with my new to me 2010 3.0D X250 that i bought in September. All is thankfully very well with no issues and long may this trend continue. However, when i bought the car, for a week or so, i had a flash of low battery on start up (understandable as it had been stood a while) but over time, that has gone away until this week when the temperature dropped. Still starts and runs ok - so no issue really but i checked the battery physically and saw that it is the original! (at least has the Jaguar decals) so i am considering replacing it for the sake of preventative maintenence and here are my questions....

Question 1: I am looking at a Yuasa YBX5019 12V 100Ah 900A Silver High Performance Battery
Suitable and any good?

Question 2: Does this need 'coding' to the car?

I ask these questions as i have seen contradictory remarks elsewhere but you guys have never done me wrong so i trust your advice. :)
(and its easier to blame you if that advice sucks!) ;)

philayl1

Reaction score
Suggest you get the battery condition monitor reset, it doesn't always recalibrate itself despite what some people say, my first two battery changes did, but the last one wouldn't reset even over a couple of months. Phil

MrKis

Reaction score
Suggest you get the battery condition monitor reset, it doesn't always recalibrate itself despite what some people say, my first two battery changes did, but the last one wouldn't reset even over a couple of months. Phil
How do you tell if it has reset?

philayl1

Reaction score
On mine it with the last battery it cut the radio off when parked after 3 minutes without the reset, after the reset it would go over 10 mins without cutting off. Phil

Jimbov8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
On mine it with the last battery it cut the radio off when parked after 3 minutes without the reset, after the reset it would go over 10 mins without cutting off. Phil
If you have the ignition on whilst listening to the radio you get 3 minutes, if you have the ignition off whilst listening to the radio you get 10 minutes. That’s how mine is. ;)

philayl1

Reaction score
If you have the ignition on whilst listening to the radio you get 3 minutes, if you have the ignition off whilst listening to the radio you get 10 minutes. That’s how mine is. ;)
The ignition was off on both occasions, hence the noticeable difference. Phil