Battery

Mr Squirrel

Reaction score
Suggest you get the battery condition monitor reset, it doesn't always recalibrate itself despite what some people say, my first two battery changes did, but the last one wouldn't reset even over a couple of months. Phil
Hi Phil.
Excuse my ignorance but how do you reset this? Does it need special equipment or is it somewhere accessable in the vehicle menu?

Jimbov8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
It’s not inherent to the car, you will need at least the icarsoft LR V2 to reset the BMS or you can keep the car live with a portable power supply whilst you change the battery.

Mr Squirrel

Reaction score

Mr Squirrel

Reaction score
That one doesn’t say it has a supply mode so not sure it would be suitable.
Tch....
I remember when the hardest part of changing a car battery was lifting it out without spilling acid from the cell maintenence tops down your trousers!
These days you need a degree in engineering and garage full of expensive electronic equipment!

philayl1

Reaction score
It’s not inherent to the car, you will need at least the icarsoft LR V2 to reset the BMS or you can keep the car live with a portable power supply whilst you change the battery.
Jim, I don't think that keeping it live while changing will tell the BMS that a new battery has been fitted. Phil

Poundy

Reaction score
Jim, I don't think that keeping it live while changing will tell the BMS that a new battery has been fitted. Phil
Keeping it live will just save the job of resetting windows etc.
The BMS needs to be reset with suitable carsoft LRV2 etc, or go to a battery fitter and ask them to reset it, normal procedure by these places now if they do the fit of the battery, because of warranty claim implications against them if it's not done and the car develops a charging fault. Covering their backsides. Worth noting the car doesn't as some say sort itself eventually it needs to be done to function properly.