Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Have you gone through the pairing procedure ?

Something like this ?

1. select Phone Mode by pressing the Phone symbol button
2. use the keypad to enter the sequence ##3#*#
3. press the Send/End button (phone handset symbol)
4. if the screen then shows Discover Me you have Bluetooth fitted

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
The electrics can be sensitive to voltage on these cars, and all electronics can suffer from glitches and lockups so maybe disconnecting the battery completely for a while so you can start from a known condition.

Hopefully you have the radio code.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Lol yes got radio code.
An obvious question to me " Have you used the code before?)
The reason I ask is that I bought my car from the original owner and it came with a plastic credit card sized card headed Jaguar followed by
Security Radio Code.
Security Code Number - four digits
Radio Serial Number nnnnnnnnC

It did not work.
I went to my local main dealer in the car and some ID and the V5. They gave me the correct code.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
If the module is goosed, get the newer updated module instead, black plastic rather than metal, it can pair to multiple phones rather than just 1, and is a straight swap!

·
Registered
718 Posts
It may be that your cars bluetooth is not recognising the phone... (This happened with mine) so it may be worth trying the following which worked for me.

Remove all the other paired bluetooth devices listed on your phone, then try and pair your phone to the Jag. If successful, you can re add your other devices after and the car will continue to recognise your phone.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sometimes my OEM BT says 'no phone fitted' but my phone shows the symbol for BT and that it's connected with the car. If it rings I cannot answer it because the car ignores it and the normal handset answering procedure fails until I switch BT off at the phone. Does your phone show a connection despite the car denying it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.