Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
im very attracted by BMC CDA... my friend has it on Maserati 3200gt and is an amazing intake system... the performance increase is very noticeable and the sound in amazing.
My Arden XK8 has already amazing sound from exaust but from engine has just a panel K&N panel filter that works fine but is almost like a stock filter on performance and sound.
The only reason that makes me a bit scared is that to install on XK8 the CDA (requires the biggest one, i wrote email to BMC and they answered like that) is that there is not a specific kit, and anyway that is not a real problem, the real problem is that the all intake system must be hardly modified.
I have a very good tuner here in Milano specialized in competition that told me that could make a perfect job on it.
I just would like to know if somebody tried this CDA on XK8, Maserati is really a different car and maybe the effect on a JAG could be different and i dont wanna trash money expecially in this bad economical period here in Italy, and also for me.
I tried for 1 week ( they gave me for free also installation for a detailing expo where they used my car ) a K&N cone filter, and... my god dont do that ! never !
Is terrible...
CDA is something unbelievable, an air filter that comes from another planet, maybe brought here by aliens LOL !!!
Nice weekend friends !!!
Luca

·
Registered
433 Posts
Luca, as you say in this bad economical period, you have to ask yourself 'do you really need it'? If you don't then save yourself some money that can be used better elsewhere.

That was the sensible answer, the other (better) option is, life's to short, if you can afford it go for it. It will put a huge grin on your face.

Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I just came back from a long tour with my cat ... it was 4 days sleeping at the garage and i was getting abstinence... LOL
Now i feel sooooo good... that car gives me so much positive energy... maybe is the roar of the catback exaust ;)
And after came my friend with the Maserati... with CDA... oooooohhhhhh mmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy GGGGGGGoooooooooddddddddd ... i guess i wont sleep tonite LOL ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.