Fiat Doblo
Ford Probe
Renault Fuego
Citroen 2CV

The list is endless ...

2CV hmmmmmm (y)

Henry_B

Reaction score
I really wanted a L405 (current shape) Range Rover Vogue SE, however, I think I would find the depreciation unpalatable, as most of my cars seem to go up in value lol. The M6 actually resulted in a healthy profit, even including the facelift conversion, ect!

Not going to lie Chris, I have researched all the cars you have listed, except the SLS, which is way out of my league price wise. Your not far off, so watch this space, because I don't even know yet!
Not trying to put you off, however I did warranty work on L405's :unsure:

And on average we worked out over 70% of all cars we sold were coming back with issues. :ROFLMAO:

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I do love Range Rovers, but I would not have thought they would suit your image Alec. I thought you were more of a Supercar/ Supersaloon guy?

I understand what you mean about difficulties choosing. There are things like Maserati's that are beautiful to look at, but poorly spec'd and expensive to maintain, then things like the BMW i8 which would be comparatively cheap to run, has amazing technology, but just does not have the special fizz, and there are lots of levels of other cars in between... very hard to choose!

I miss the olden days, when the Jaguar was the perfect gentlemans balance of looks, performance and luxury.

Ashanti

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi Alec,

I doubt you're really that bothered it's gone, you've owned, applied your mark and sold at a profit.

Who else on here can say the same?

Now let me sow a seed, how about going a tad leftfield and by left I do mean left.

American Muscle

A 6.7L Hemi would do it, Dodge it why don't ya.

Alec Escolme

Reaction score
Chris, I love Range Rovers, but have to be the full fat one :D I think that the current shape just looks right, stately, elegant, yet purposeful... Owners love them even if they can be a bit of a nightmare at times!

Maseratis are some of the most head turning, wonderful sounding cars you can buy. I just wish that they had the performance to back up the Ferrari running costs, a 4.2 Granturismo is no faster than my old 650i! The MC Stradale is stunning though...
maserati_13-565725367fcbd.jpg

I liked the shape of the i8 when it came out, looks like a proper BMW supercar, the 1.5 Mini Cooper S engine lets it down for me. Reliability doesn't sound to great either.

Rich, I am missing the F1 sounding V10, V8s are great, but very few can come close...

As an American, I can appreciate the cars, but not enough to spend my own money on one. I have considered the current Mustang, but looked at the interior and decided against...

Henry_B

Reaction score
Chris, I love Range Rovers, but have to be the full fat one :D I think that the current shape just looks right, stately, elegant, yet purposeful... Owners love them even if they can be a bit of a nightmare at times!

Maseratis are some of the most head turning, wonderful sounding cars you can buy. I just wish that they had the performance to back up the Ferrari running costs, a 4.2 Granturismo is no faster than my old 650i! The MC Stradale is stunning though...
maserati_13-565725367fcbd.jpg

I liked the shape of the i8 when it came out, looks like a proper BMW supercar, the 1.5 Mini Cooper S engine lets it down for me. Reliability doesn't sound to great either.

Rich, I am missing the F1 sounding V10, V8s are great, but very few can come close...

As an American, I can appreciate the cars, but not enough to spend my own money on one. I have considered the current Mustang, but looked at the interior and decided against...

You've had that i'm aware of

2x V6
3x V8
1x V10

Your next motor should be a V12, ya know to get the complete set!! ;)

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Lindsey's Range Rover Sport was a fantastic car. I can't say I liked it more than my CL500; which was more my sort of thing, but I did think it was a great car to drive. I would agree that the current Range Rover line up is the best there has ever been.

I guess it might be because I am getting old, but I'm not too worried about how fast they are; as long as they are relatively fast! It's more about the look and feel of a car for me - the thing that makes it feel "Special" when you drive it. For example a BMW M5 is a very fast car, but to me both the interior and exterior are too bland to be put into the same category as a Bentley, or Maserati. So I'd have a slower Bentley, or Maserati (if we were in the mystical world where I could afford it) every time.

I have to agree with you on the i8 I still find it funny to hear one driving up the road knowing that it’s an exhaust speaker that you can hear and not a V10.

Although I do think it is nice, the look of the i8 is not quite right for me; its a little too "BMW" and has that look of a Nike training shoe. Less supercar than it should be.

But oddly the small engine does not bother me at all, it's where the future is going, and after all, most modern Jags are now fitted with 2.0 litre engines nowadays - years ago I would have thought that was pathetic.

That said, I will agree the "piped in" engine sound is a bit silly, and seems perhaps a bit dishonest in some way. But the sound is only on the inside from my knowledge, there are no external "Exhaust speakers" as far as I know.

I've only heard good things about the reliability though?

Did I read correctly, "as an American"...?

Do you have USA DNA Alec?

At least that would explain the Apple i-phone.

...I agree on the Mustang, what an incredible car, but prices are far too high for what is essentially a Ford. I'd rather a classic Corvette or Transam if I were to go that way.