BMW M6 - My first V10

Alec Escolme

Reaction score
I can 100% see why you would prefer the CL over the RRS Chris! My neighbour had on in that shape, wasn't for me... The new shape one which followed was better in every single way. As of today, he has just swapped it for a slightly newer one, £400 month down the drain for 3 years :eek: !

Don't get me wrong regarding performance, it isn't the be all and end all, but I feel that if I paid a lot of money for a car which could get beaten by my friends £2000 Volvo, I wouldn't be happy lol!

After the glorious V10 in my M6, I am not sure I could drive a 1.5 4 cylinder. If you haven't experienced the M5/M6 V10, then I urge anybody to try one- probably the most characterful car I have owned up to now. I could have gone for the newer F10 4.4 Twin Turbo M5, but that engine does nothing for me.

Laughing at the iPhone comment, can't believe you remember that after all these years! But yes, American citizen, Passport, ect. My mother's side is from The States.

Alec Escolme

Reaction score
Been giving the topic a little though- ok, who am I kidding, a lot of thought!

Decided on some cars I wont be buying:
-Any Porsche 911, not special enough to look at, sorry Martyn!
-Maserati Granturismo, too slow/expensive to run
-BMW i8, tiny engine, relatively slow
-Range Rover, heavy depreciation to come

Very drawn to a XKR-S in Racing blue
2012-jaguar-XKR-S-front-three-quarters.jpg

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I have to say I was very tempted by one of those (or more likely the standard XKR). It was only the Aston Martin price tag that put me off, but in all fairness they are probably a good buy; very fast and most likely more reliable than anything else in their league.

But wouldn't they be step down from the CL in terms of equipment, comfort, and performance? (Though I must say I feel they look much better)

Alec Escolme

Reaction score
Just under £40k is I feel reasonable for one of these, the R-S badge does carry a premuim, but should help it hold future values.

Yes, it would be lacking in toys, ect. But as this is a fun car it will make up for it in handling, responsiveness. The CL is not fun to drive at all, apart from when you put your foot down. You can always tune the R-S too!

Alec Escolme

Reaction score

j777stp

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
When I had my Aston Martin thing I just could not see the difference in value with my XKR and a 2009 £35k car. I looked at possibly buying a XKR-S but apart from the Colour it looked like the Car I already owned even the 15 year old XKR's still look stunning. That is why I went for the F Type .
I have always like that colour blue on the XK