Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given its Al construction, is an x350 able to withstand the stresses imposed by adding a boot rack, if loaded moderately with, say, a 25kg load (something like a medium suitcase)?

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Why on earth would you want to do that to an XJ.:confused:

Roger

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of a removable rack, as it happens. No plans here to drill holes in the Precious!

The 'why' would be just to supplement the shallow boot from time to time as circumstances demand (like picking up my daughter from the airport in a few weeks time after a year abroad).

This image has the general idea of I am thinking about, in this case supplied as an OEM accessory, albeit on another model: http://www.jag-lovers.org/brochures/xkr/2004_r_10-29-00-04_14_l.jpg

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,424 Posts
I’m with Roger, what are you planning to carry you need extra space?
It’s not exactly a small boot...

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It's not as big a boot as I had on my last car! However, the immediate problem is that I have to pick my daughter up from the airport, with wife and daughter's boyfriend in tow, in mid-December. She has been abroad for a year and I am nervous about the baggage arrangements.

I was wondering about something removable like the rack pictured here, and about lighter bags only. Was that model not also Al in construction?

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
I have to say I'm pretty much with everyone else on this and was going to post, then thought better of it as I was sure you must have a reason.

One of my friends has the latest XJ and is a mad cycle freak too......He has this pretty cool suction type bike carrier, might be similar to what you have posted and could be worth checking out something like that.

All my best
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.