Broken Wheel Nut/Lug Nut Removal

plaviator

Reaction score
Jurassicengineering, do you still have any of these removal tools, I’m in need ASAP.

Hello,

I had one made for me at a local engineering company here in Poland.
Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Regards, Michael

Acedesigns

Reaction score
Wheel removal tool

hi thanks for the reply

would you sell it too me as I need to get my brakes done ASAP.

maz

Hello,

I had one made for me at a local engineering company here in Poland.
Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Regards, Michael

plaviator

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply

would you sell it too me as I need to get my brakes done ASAP.

maz

I could lend it to you but is would probably take two weeks to get there. I could probably find the drawing that it was made to and then you could get one made

Acedesigns

Reaction score
Broken wheel nut

thanks very much
could you send it to the following address
177 mill road
Allanton ML75DD
UK

if you could send it ASAP and I will obviously reimburse you for postage, so if you could send it express fast delivery.

I have 3 nuts broken off, shocking how bad they are.

also send with it your return address.

Very much appreciated.

maz

I could lend it to you but is would probably take two weeks to get there. I could probably find the drawing that it was made to and then you could get one made

plaviator

Reaction score
If you give me your email address I will send the drawing.
The problem is that with this virus, Polish borders are closed which includes airmail so I think that it would take ages to get to you.
I'm sure that you could get it made quickly at the moment at a small engineering works.

plaviator

Reaction score
I will check on Monday when the post office is open and find out about sending it to you but in the meantime let me have your email address and I will send you the drawing. Thank you for the address, I will also need your name.
This is for an S Type?

Michael

liverpool39

Reaction score
After a lot f reading on this sheared wheel nut issue I decided to go with a 17mm hole saw with a 14mm internal cutting dimension with no drill bit in the arbor,which took 10 minutes.Then removed the other nuts.And finally used a pair of stilsons to remove the last of the hub nut after wheel was removed.All in all 15 minute job.

RaymondPetersen

Reaction score
I was trying to get that tool made found a shop wants $175.00 to make so I was thinking of doing the same thing you did but I am going to drill 6 small holes after making a mark with the arbor and take two pieces of tubing to help hold the arbor centered The outer piece of tubing will have about 3 rounds of tape to protect the chrome. I have been trying to get that tool made for days and decided to go with the arbor and was just reading the forum today and only looked at page 2 today and saw your idea which confirms what I was planning to do should work I am glad I found your post Thank You Also should say My friend did all of the work looking for someone to build tool He deserves a lot of praise too

Last edited: