C16 RKC's Daimler Super V8 project thread!

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I used to love, Paul Smith London... probably for 15 years until I ran out and found it was no longer available...

recently though, due to being bought various Jaguar fragrances as gifts, I do quite like Jaguar Black... not a bad scent at all.

12388_bbc84ab6e6d496a6cc486d60be71a4ff_classic_black.jpg

JimC64

Reaction score
I used to love, Paul Smith London... probably for 15 years until I ran out and found it was no longer available...

recently though, due to being bought various Jaguar fragrances as gifts, I do quite like Jaguar Black... not a bad scent at all.

12388_bbc84ab6e6d496a6cc486d60be71a4ff_classic_black.jpg
Lol have a bottle of that in my glovebox, not bad at all

Jim

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Let me guess...

Does that smell of Jaguar X351 diesel engine oil, with a slight whiff of fuel dilation?
You really are going to have to work on these words: "dilution" and "dilation" are wildly different things!

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
You complete wally Rodders…

Well I am annoyed with myself...

I have a missing damper cover on the Daimler, it's a plastic cover that protects the plug/wiring for the CATS active suspension loom. It looks like this:

...and it protects this part (this is not my car pictured):

So I went on to the Classic Jaguar parts website, to try and find it. I remember thinking this might not be the right part, but I got distracted ordering new Daimler window frame badges, and ordered it anyway.

Somehow I only noticed the top part NND2023AA, and for £13.20 I thought it was worth a shot. Had I clicked the bit below, I would have seen part number NND3975BC - which is no longer available. I'll bet that's the part I need. Sadly I cannot know for sure as there are no pictures.

But what makes it so funny, is that the part NND2023AA I have received is just a large mild steel washer.... Yes I have paid thirteen quid for a sodding flat washer!

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Panic over! ...anyone want to buy a half price washer?

Phew.... a bit or searching and I have found one!

...and it's only £9 posted!

This seller does not seem to realise these are only fitted to the cars fitted with CATS suspension.

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Panic over! ...anyone want to buy a half price washer?

Phew.... a bit or searching and I have found one!

...and it's only £9 posted!

This seller does not seem to realise these are only fitted to the cars fitted with CATS suspension.

Phew... was starting to get a bit anxious there! :ROFLMAO: