C16 RKC's Daimler Super V8 project thread!

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Funny you should mention Aston's you tube videos, I think I have nearly 100 subscribers now. The video showing the story of the Daimler and how it became Aston's has been watched over 3 thousand times. I get nice comments sometimes too, just a couple of negative ones - and I just deleted those ha ha!

There are some incredibly bitter people about on social media? Why do people feel the need to troll anything and everything? Social Media is fast becoming Anti-Social Media. I avoid Facebook and Twitter as much as I can in my line of work, and just look at the pretty pictures on Instagram. TikTok is my guilty pleasure which, although I don't go on every day, when I do I can happily lose myself for an hour or two.

I have fun making the videos and I think they tell things better than Photos/Text, but I had never thought they would attract so many viewers (well I guess that's nothing next to popular YouTube posters, but its a lot to me). I also like the idea that the video is a permanent keepsake I have, which I can go back and re-watch myself. In our threads the photos all seem to vanish as hosting platforms decide to charge for them, so most of my old threads are no longer any good to look at. But I'll always have the videos, and they tell the story too.

Love watching the vids Chris. Keep 'em coming. All the Daimler-related ones find their way on to my Video page so hopefully even more people will stumble across Aston's handwork with a wrench :eek:

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
There have only been a few negative ones.

I can't remember what they all were, but I do remember one particular comment saying the video was badly made (I cannot remember their choice of insult) and that they had only got a few minutes in before giving up. I just deleted their comment, as to me it served no real purpose. Perhaps they were not a Daimler fan?

I personally view anyone who posts such non-constructive criticism to be someone who has mental issues...