Jaguar Forum banner

CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN YEAR/MODEL OF CHILDHOOD JAG?

730 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Skid_marks_the_spot 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is the only picture that I have of the family treasure that my father bought for my mother when I was around 4-6 yearsold.
(My parents attending were a rock'n'roll night)
I have many memories of having to take off my shoes before I got in..but never understood the concepts a little girl to have them sitting on a stunning interior than the plastic covered floor cover.
My dad hit the resection later in the early 90's, had to sell everything and move.
My happy childhood was lost.
I want to find out what I can about this baby so I can buy one for my father as the other family members drained his retirement fund and he not only has to work at 66 years old but take the bus so my mother can go shopping and enjoy cafe's.
He deserves a slice of happiness after working so hard to support a large family by himself
Gratefully thankful in advance
-A.
jag.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a mid eighties XJ Sovereign ?
(that's a really good thing you're thinking of doing btw - where in the world are you? US?)

#3 ·
Yep, otherwise known as a Series III XJ or S3.

Pretty sure that style of wheel was exclusive to the Sovereign model??

Whilst it's a nice sentiment to do this for your Dad, just be aware that these are old cars now and the upkeep/running costs can be high.

If your going to do it, get him the best one you can find......

#5 ·
#7 ·
Hopefully the OP will let us know.

#8 · (Edited)
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!
So it turns out that it was a Sovereign.! This photo was taken in Eltham, in Victoria, Australia.
We had a 3 storey home built on a large property..the smell of wattle, the crisp foggy mornings and the 80's glass tiles in the bathroom.
I managed to find a beauty..a 1985 Sovereign, very low mileage as it was sleeping in a garage for many years, the original owner had it for 5 years and passed away..it was off the lot and only had 5 years of "sunday drives" in it. It wasn't the same colour, (white) but I picked it up in showroom condition for only $15,000 AUD..The interior was so beautiful. The son even did some upgrades but took years to let it go.
I had a full service complete, paintjob arranged, and transport interstate. (From Victoria to queensland) I even found a mechanic that specifies in Jags that is 40mins away from my father that I made a credit account for any future services/repairs and a $500 fuel card stashed under the seat.

Sadly...within a month..my father was forced to sell it so my mother could get a new lounge setting and coffee machine.

It was the most amazing feeling to see my fathers face on skype as I told him to wait outside for a "Special Delivery"..I was in contact with transport and told my father to wait.
It was amazing to see. I don't think Ive ever seen him so happy. I was in tears..
I arranged builders to arrive the day after the car was delivered along with a slab of beers..and in less than a week he had a new garage built and fully decked out- the works.
I had a lot saved up and the money saved went on extra cover, insurance, and he would never have to spend a single cent on it for the rest of his life. .as this was my thank you to him for supporting a large family and running his own business by himself for years to get us through school and always having the time to sit down after dinner to share advice and a laugh.

He had 3 drives in it but it never saw an original paint job.. I was told he sat in it the day it came in..in the drive way.. with his favourite music of Tom Jones, Sinatra, Elvis and Roy Orbison (Getting louder as the beers were there) until the police visited for a noise complaint.(I wish I was there)..
The garage now sits empty with a bar fridge, pictures of our old home, his old jag and a milk crate that he sits alone in to sneek off to have one beer a week...listening to music quietly on a hand-held radio.
This has been so hard to go through, and I can only thank all of you for helping me out.
I dont even think he used the fuel card.. I am currently saving up to have him visit more than 1 week every 4 years.,.or perhaps a Sovereign in my name that he can drive while he is here.
I worked over 100 hours a week for years for this..I will do it again

I am currently on the look out for another

Thank you all for your help:)
Ill treasure his smile forever and will continue to fight for deserving happiness. <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.